Home

NHL 13 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Review (360/PS3) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2012, 04:24 AM   #9
Rookie

gigadkc's Arena

OVR: 3
are there any new european leagues?
Old 09-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 13 Review (360/PS3)

Well, I went ahead and ordered NHL 13 from Newegg, they had the Stanley Cup edition for the same price as the standard version so I ordered the Stanley Cup edition, this will be the first hockey game I've purchased this generation of consoles, I just figured with all the positive reviews I'd go for it. I have always loved playing hockey games, I must admit though I'm not really a die hard NHL fan, I will watch the Flyers in the playoffs but don't really watch much regular season hockey so hopefully I can catch on to all of the small fine details in this game.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #11
Pro

Section_25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaink
Well, I went ahead and ordered NHL 13 from Newegg, they had the Stanley Cup edition for the same price as the standard version so I ordered the Stanley Cup edition, this will be the first hockey game I've purchased this generation of consoles, I just figured with all the positive reviews I'd go for it. I have always loved playing hockey games, I must admit though I'm not really a die hard NHL fan, I will watch the Flyers in the playoffs but don't really watch much regular season hockey so hopefully I can catch on to all of the small fine details in this game.
You're in for a treat .... and a serious addiction ..... LOL Congrats !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #12
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Aside from trying the franchise mode yet..

This is no doubt the greatest hockey game I've ever played. It's not a perfect 10/10, but it's easily a 9-9.5/10 on game play alone.

It is about as close as you can get to watching a game live on TV.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #13
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Aside from trying the franchise mode yet..

This is no doubt the greatest hockey game I've ever played. It's not a perfect 10/10, but it's easily a 9-9.5/10 on game play alone.

It is about as close as you can get to watching a game live on TV.
NHL 09 with the EASHL had me in the same state of mind towards the game. NHL 13 skating engine, the improved AI, the goalies reading of the play and most important, the fact that I can now play with my friend and not face idiots, morons, cheaters, glitchers, etc. online is just plain fun.

It's far from perfect, but it's so much better than NHL 12 that you won't me complain every 2 days how frustrated I am with this game. NHL 12 had no fun factor for me, and it came after a week of play. With the early release and last night, I've nothing more to say that you'll see me playing NHL 13 for the year, and not cursing like crazy! :-)
Old 09-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #14
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5
I do love this game for the way that it feels. However the more I play it the more I realize that it is the same old EA package named shiny turd instead of stinky turd. Let me explain:

From the drop of the puck this game has us skating realistically as well as shooting and passing. After playing more than ten games and the new tuner the same old EA sports AI doping begins to play into factor.

For those of you that haven't witnessed the blood doping, it occurs when you beet the snot out of the game then in the second half nothing the human does is right and EA AI scores every time your wrong even when you are right. Whhhewww long sentence but that is how it feels.

So i decided to switch it up to online. First couple games on EASHL were fun.....then the toe-drag top shelf shot comes in. OK time for 1 V 1, or in most cases two guys pretending to be 1. After possessing the puck 3/4 of the game some jackhole scores on two random bounces off of pads and one breakaway that went through Quick, all of this after I hit the post three times in one minute(twice with Doughty once with Carter). Once again proving EA rewards aggressinve random play over actual knowledge.

Oh did I mention the numerous odd-man rushes and 2 on 0's I had.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #15
Rookie

onac22's Arena

Backdoor passes complete with the one-timer followed up by Bryzgalov with his thumb up his yep waving his hands around making saves he has no business making. Thinking about the universe. So I go to shooting, still nothing, then I try the fake shot pass and shot, still nothing.

Bottom line EA lose your fetish with making money on hut and ccm and make a game that plays consistent competitive hockey/football for sixty minutes please, otherwise I think it's time to become a 2K fan simply because during the time I have spent here on OS forums people have voiced opinions on both EA and 2K.

The only company I have really seen make an effort to make the voice heard on a consistent HONEST basis is 2K. GROW UP EA AND PLEASE MAKE ONE CONSISTENT GAME THAT CAN PLAY 60 minutes of an entertaingin product without doping the AI to hide your bugs and glitches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #16
Rookie

onac22's Arena

GAMEPLAY: 8

PRODUCTION:8

AI: 8 till it gets you then 1 not even fun anymore

ONLINE: 6 until the toe-drag top shelf shot begins then 1

ONLINE matchmaking: hahahahahahahaha yeah right

Trading in Madden and NHL for borderlands and living stress free 100,000,000

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »