Home

NHL 13 Patch 1.02 Details (PS3 Only)

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Patch 1.02 Details (PS3 Only) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Patch Update 1.02 (Not a Tuner Update)

Why dont you test it yourself? Doesn't take long since you can adjust the sliders mid-game. Start with hitting powers 0 for both and then max it for the cpu and then max it for you.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

i wish they would speed up the simming speed on ps3
Old 09-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #11
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I wonder if there has ever been a time with an EA Sports game that sliders have been actually proven to be backwards/reversed?
i think even the EA PUCKHEADS does not have any idea regarding THEIR OWN SLIDERS or if its working properly. Cause penalty sliders FAIL BIG TIME!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I wonder if there has ever been a time with an EA Sports game that sliders have been actually proven to be backwards/reversed?
There was a NCAA Football game some time back (current generation) where the sliders were reversed, similar to what is being claimed here, as I recall. They were fixed with a patch.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku
Why dont you test it yourself? Doesn't take long since you can adjust the sliders mid-game. Start with hitting powers 0 for both and then max it for the cpu and then max it for you.
I'm not seeing this myself. Watched cpu vs cpu with cpu hitting power slider lowered to 0 and not much for big hits, with it raised all the way they do indeed hit harder.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:59 AM   #14
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10

Try user vs cpu with user hitting power maxed and cpu hitting power at 0.

Last edited by Taku; 09-21-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku
Thanks for the advice. I'd be lost otherwise.

Of course I tested it for myself, I think they may well be reversed. It's not conclusive as bar the obviously evident timescaling and speed, the sliders in this game have minimal impact at best in comparison to other sports titles.

I should also add a further six penalty free periods and in 3 of the them every thing was maxed. Aggression, pens CPU HUM, hit power CPU HUM to negate any reversal. I couldn't even get called myself for some blatant boarding, which had been possible prior to 1.02. Needless to say, the game looked like a WWE Royal Rumble, so that's no penalty creation solution.

The potential for a placebo effect can't be denied but there can be absolutely no argument that the sliders are at best broken in a few areas. A quick look at the sliders forum confirms that. The amount of contradictory views in there is something to behold. I don't think "sliders" guys like the insinuation that all the time they spend on endless tweaks and posting stats after games is ultimately worthless as individual experience seems to differ so wildly.

Last edited by Therion7; 09-21-2012 at 02:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 04:14 AM   #16
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

If someone is testing, It'd be nice if they also let everyone know, what console and what mode their testing, along with some other sliders.

If've seen quite a few threads and post, we're someone claims that "[this] Slider is reversed. Fact."
But no reference to the console, or the mode, or other sliders that could effect the slider in question; For example speed, acceleration, checking power, check assistance, aggression, attributes are most likely tied to effect each other.

I don't want to call anyone a liar, and on this forum I believe most people are of the analytical kind, but when I hear "Checking power is reversed. Fact. Stop" and someone agrees, and at the same time, I know this to be the exact opposite (= Not reversed) on my PS3/Season/Pro, it's hard to understand exactly what's going on.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »