Home

NHL 13 Patch 1.02 Details (PS3 Only)

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Patch 1.02 Details (PS3 Only) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #17
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Patch Update 1.02 (Not a Tuner Update)

Quote:
• Reduces frame rater jitter on the PS3 as experienced by a number of players in all game modes but was most noticeable in OTP
Hopefully a 360 update with this fix isn't far behind.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therion7
EDIT: Then when you read stuff like this:

Cpu hitting power = User hitting power and User hitting power = CPU hitting power.

Just tested these sliders when quite a bit of people were claiming that Hitting power sliders are reversed. I didn't believe it because i knew for certain that putting both user and cpu hitting power sliders to minimum reduces the hitting power...

Then when still i saw comments about the sliders reversed i tested them. The sliders are not reversed like max=min and min=max as i thought people were saying, actually they are "switched".
I think this is on to something. I'm on PS3. To test it out, so far I've played three games with these checking/hitting sliders:
Hitting Assistance: Maxed
Aggression Human: Maxed
Aggression CPU: Empty
Hitting Power Human: Maxed
Hitting Power CPU: Empty
My hits, when I could line them up, would be the ones you see people complaining about; I would bounce off of the opposing player. Every once in a while, we would bounce off of each other. Usually, the opposing player kept possession of the puck. The ice diagram that you can look at between periods rarely showed any hits, and those hits that were shown had no replay available.

Then, for one game (so far), I maxed out Hitting Power CPU and emptied Hitting Power Human (everything else remained the same). When I could line up a hit, I put a good hit on the opposing player. If they had the puck, they always lost it. My player stood his ground while the opposing player usually found his backside on the ice. For the first time in NHL 13, I injured an opposing player with a hit and not a slapshot. There were at least 5 hits indicated on the ice diagram between periods, and the third had 10, many of which had replays available. Some hits I don't remember delivering, so I'm guessing that the slider also affects my CPU teammates as it does me (which would make sense, it was that way in the past, right?).

Now, I'll concede that these sliders are exaggerations (for lack of a better word) of what I would normally play with, but I wanted to test with these things completely in my favor and swing it the other way to try and get what I would consider baseline information--best and worst case scenarios, if you will.

All of these games have been Tampa Bay (me) at Montreal with 8 minute periods. I'll try some more games, same teams, same settings as the fourth game, to see if the hits are consistently better than the first three games, but I have a feeling they will be, so long as I can line up the hit.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Playing Pittsburgh (me) v. Philly, pro, hitting assistance full. Tuner 1.00. I've deleted game data also. Back to box gameplay, fully offline.

Human hitting power - zero
CPU hitting power - full

I can perform open ice hits that knock Flyers off their feet.

Reverse those sliders and I tend to bounce off the CPU players.

Wasn't 100 percent sure, but I'm now fairly convinced.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 4

I started a thread about the hitting power being reversed and should have mentioned all this stuff in there.

I play on the PS3 and have tested this on All-Star difficulty using all of TNK's sliders with only hitting power max/min. I have also used tuner 1.01 and 1.02 as well as tested with title update 1.01 and 1.02. I always play with Toronto and have tested against Montreal, Philly, Nash, NYR, Edmonton, St. Louis, and Boston, as I wanted to play against many different styles of teams. (ie Edmonton=fast and agile and Boston=big and powerful.

I played 4 games against each team 2 home and 2 away, just to negate any home ice advantage, if there is one. When I had Human hit power at 6 and CPU at 0, I got man handled by every team, but Boston detroyed me with 3 injuries. To be fair I was putting myself in the ways of hits and also going out of my way to hit people. Even Edmonton, who I consider one of the weaker teams in terms of hitting, was knocking me down quite regularly.
Then I reversed the sliders and had CPU hit power at 6 and human at 0 I had very different results. Only the big players, Chara, Backes, etc, would knock me off the puck, but players like Eberle, Hall, Richards, would never knock me down and barely ever get the puck lose from a hit. I could run people over with Kessel, not at will, but if I lined them up, and Phaneuf was a beast!

I did come to the conclusion that these sliders are actually reversed in who they affect with the CPU hitting power slider affecting Human power and vice versa.

I did not bring this up to complain, I brought it up because many people give a slight edge to the User on the higher difficulties and I just wanted people to know that if you think you are giving the user, or the CPU and advantage, you are actually giving it to the other one. This is fairly easy to test, but got me wondering if any other sliders may be reversed this way, although I highly doubt it.

As a side note, last night I tested with both at 0 and both at 6 and the sliders definitely work correctly because the game had more big hits with the sliders at 6 than at 0.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #21
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10

Thanks for testing it out. I made a topic about this to EA forums and even PM'd EA_Noun about it, no replies. Oh and stupid thing is that in cpu vs cpu games the cpu hitting power slider seems to work as it should.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku
Thanks for testing it out. I made a topic about this to EA forums and even PM'd EA_Noun about it, no replies. Oh and stupid thing is that in cpu vs cpu games the cpu hitting power slider seems to work as it should.
Yeah your right the sliders are wrong.

CPU hitting power should read Human hitting power and visa versa.

Like you say though when you run cpu vs cpu they work as they should.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku

After verifying this one as a proven bug, I've begun looking at the others. Some other errors may have gone unnoticed because we, as sim players, don't go for extreme advantages one way or the other.

Began to think that a slider list in EA's code was out of sync and perhaps the solution to the missing penalties would be in there somewhere but no joy as yet.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #24
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 13 Patch 1.02 Details (PS3 Only)

I've been playing 1vs1 practise and changing poke and lift sliders right and left but those are much more difficult to test.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »