Home

FIFA 13 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
FIFA 13 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

FIFA 13 is in stores today. While we did have plenty of feedback in the FIFA 13 Season Ticket impressions, we have created a new topic for those of you grabbing the full retail version today.

Please post your impressions here. If you have any FIFA 13 questions, please post them in this thread. The community will do their best to answer them for you.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 13 Available Now - Post Impressions Here

I have really been enjoying it. The new first touch control really changes the game for the better imo.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
The Uncommon

Avantgarde4's Arena

OVR: 1

Love the XP element this year in order to unlock items like boots, makes me want to play over time to earn them. I hope people will realize that this game cannot be played the same as fifa 12 mainly in pro clubs. I still see players with smurf players just trying to out run and not play anything close to real football or evolve there teammates...hope that cleans up. Other than that I believe this is the best footy game hands down, sorry PES. PSN CheckmyfootworkB
Old 09-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #4
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

love it....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 32

--The presentation is wonderful. The announcers are solid and the overlays, including ESPN, look great.

-- I'm terrible at this game and it's frustrating the hell out of me. I kicked *** in the PES demo.

-- The speed feels better to me than the demo. I'm not sure if it's actually slower or if I'm just used to it by now. It doesn't bother me as much.

-- The CPU's insistence on moving the ball upfield and attacking relentlessly for 90 minutes -- and with no regard to score and situation -- is driving me crazy. It has me considering eating $15 and returning the game for PES. This part of the game isn't necessarily worse than the demo, but it's much more noticeable because the demo was only three minutes long.

-- Having all the licenses is awesome. I've been playing some MLS action too. Very nice having the ESPN presentation for that too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #6
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I am having a blast with it. I do have a few issues:

- Teammates need to be more aggressive on loose balls. Not cool watching my guys stare at a loose ball one foot outside of our box.

- The game needs to be slower. I think that's a pretty universal gripe on the board. But it's not killing it for me.

Other than that, the game is everything and more that I wanted this year. Madden and NHL 13 couldn't deliver it, but FIFA 13 has.

-Great career mode with a MUCH improved youth system.

-Some great storylines help create an alive feel.

-Players that are dynamic, alive, and diverse in-game; stars feel like stars and I depend on them greatly.

-Commentary remains solid, and the includes reports on other games and injuries is great.

- Each game feels different to me. I've had to go about games differently and adjust.

Last edited by Broncos86; 09-25-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Other than that, the game is everything and more that I wanted this year. Madden and NHL 13 couldn't deliver it, but FIFA 13 has.
That's good to hear. I was going to avoid Fifa after all the bugs and quirks in NHL, but good to hear it is better.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #8
Rookie

zrtelford's Arena

OVR: 3

Let me first say, I really really dig it. I am new to fifa, and football in general, picked up 12 about three months ago, and now I am hooked on this game, and Fox Soccer (football) channel. Oddly I had to bump this to world class, as I felt pro is a little easier in 13. However with some personal slider tweaks, like bumping up first touch error on both, but more on cpu, and lowering acc, I can't say enough how much fun I am having so far. I like all the subtle improvements in career mode, like showing the champions cup and Euro cup more clearly or more evidently, with even a tourney tree. The international aspect in career mode is cool as hell to. I play 95% offline, and I know that is not this games strong point, but It suits me just fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »