Home

NBA 2K13 Video - All 67 Dunk Packages, All Pre-Game and Pre-Tip Rituals

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - All 67 Dunk Packages, All Pre-Game and Pre-Tip Rituals within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #17
Rookie

iNolaNightmare's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - All 53 Dunk Packages, All Pre-Game and Pre-Tip Rituals

I love the quick drops package. Used so often by players who just wanna get the job done quickly without flash.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
I think that when editing a player or making a CAP, you can assign any package to that player regardless of their dunk rating. Perhaps certain dunks in a package have a ratings prerequisite? Maybe if the player in question is rated 70 in dunking he'll do the Mailman, but if he is 85 he'll do both?

You bring up an excellent question!
Your theory appears logical and is similar to how I was hoping it'd work. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #19
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Really like what they did with dunk packages this year. I was going to complain about how signature dunks were implemented over the last couple years but this is much better. However, dunk ratings make no sense. 55 can do windmills but you need a 70 to do 360s? Good thing we do have full customization over this.
I don't see a problem with it. Especially since most guards (Like Brandon Jennings and Kyrie Irving) and forwards in the NBA are capable of pulling off windmills fairly easily. They might not do it in a game, but they are capable of it in real life and the requisite dunk ratings reflect that.

I also doubt anyone with a 55 dunk rating is going to be doing that in traffic with any success....
Old 10-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
I don't see a problem with it. Especially since most guards (Like Brandon Jennings and Kyrie Irving) and forwards in the NBA are capable of pulling off windmills fairly easily. They might not do it in a game, but they are capable of it in real life and the requisite dunk ratings reflect that.

I also doubt anyone with a 55 dunk rating is going to be doing that in traffic with any success....
Maybe it varies from dunker to dunker. In my experience, it seems the ability to pull off a 360 comes well before a player develops the ability to windmill. I can personally pull off a generic 360 but cannot even come close to completing even a baby windmill.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #21
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Maybe it varies from dunker to dunker. In my experience, it seems the ability to pull off a 360 comes well before a player develops the ability to windmill. I can personally pull off a generic 360 but cannot even come close to completing even a baby windmill.
Yeah, I myself am not even coming close to doing a 360, much less a windmill (My jumping ability comes and goes but I'm usually able to tap the ball in off an alley. Don't get near enough hangtime to slam it in there ). But, for most NBA guards (especially in their highschool mixes where they had many more opportunities to showcase their dunking ability) pulling off a windmill is child's play.

Wasn't really arguing about the 360 bit (though they do have little baby 360's from under the rim in there that only require a 60 I think?).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Wasn't really arguing about the 360 bit (though they do have little baby 360's from under the rim in there that only require a 60 I think?).
Oh gotcha, I just thought Ruff Ryder's issue was the supposedly simpler dunk required a higher rating than the more complicated one. That's why I was saying the baby 360's tend to come first when dunkers are developing and why it might be strange they require a 70 rating to pull them off when windmills only need a 55.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Personally i think it comes down to the dunker.

Some people (myself included) get better lift of one foot takeoffs rather than two feet. Although coaches may tell you that two feet gets you more lift.
I know that I can rotate clockwise better of two feet than i can with one, and rotate anti-clockwise better off one foot than two.

Strangely, it's easier for me to windmill off of one foot. and its easier for me to 360 off of two feet.(the two being done on a 9'6" rim as i just cant do these dunks on 10'...yet).

One will notice the ratio of windmill dunks : 360 dunks over the past few years. Heck, last person I saw do a 360 in a game was either J-Rich or Vince. I guess there aren't a lot of high fliers that are also acrobats who like doing 360s who get play on ABC or TNT(when they're broadcast in Canada). This suggests Windmills are easier or 360's are not as popular or too dangerous or something. Personally I'll windmill over a 360 if i have the choice.

I was definitely doing reverse dunks before any kind of windmill growing up. Had i the Tendency to spin rather than windmill I think 360's would've come before a Windmill. When I get a good, full extension windmill on 9'6" I feel as if I am jumping my highest whereas a 360 not so much.

Either way, I don't see a 55 rated dunker or a 70 rated dunker doing these 2 types of dunks very often.

Last edited by 2k10Fonzarelli; 10-01-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli
Personally i think it comes down to the dunker.

Some people (myself included) get better lift of one foot takeoffs rather than two feet. Although coaches may tell you that two feet gets you more lift.
I know that I can rotate clockwise better of two feet than i can with one, and rotate anti-clockwise better off one foot than two.

Strangely, it's easier for me to windmill off of one foot. and its easier for me to 360 off of two feet.(the two being done on a 9'6" rim as i just cant do these dunks on 10'...yet).

One will notice the ratio of windmill dunks : 360 dunks over the past few years. Heck, last person I saw do a 360 in a game was either J-Rich or Vince. I guess there aren't a lot of high fliers that are also acrobats who like doing 360s who get play on ABC or TNT(when they're broadcast in Canada). This suggests Windmills are easier or 360's are not as popular or too dangerous or something. Personally I'll windmill over a 360 if i have the choice.

I was definitely doing reverse dunks before any kind of windmill growing up. Had i the Tendency to spin rather than windmill I think 360's would've come before a Windmill. When I get a good, full extension windmill on 9'6" I feel as if I am jumping my highest whereas a 360 not so much.

Either way, I don't see a 55 rated dunker or a 70 rated dunker doing these 2 types of dunks very often.
I actually tend to attribute the lesser number of in-game 360's to the necessity to be in the right place at the right time to pull them off. A lot of players can likely 360 from any side of the basket, but I bet more will likely need to be approaching from the right side of the hoop heading left at a slight angle.

A 360 also obviously involves a twist of the body and perhaps a slightly longer process, whereas folks can often pull off windmills quickly and seamlessly, particularly off one foot. As such, I'm not sure the ratio of in-game windmills to 360's is as much about difficulty as it is about function and process.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »