Home

NBA 2K13 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Review (360/PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
um so i love this game ... but one thing i want to ask so i was drafted by detroit a team i wanted to play on at first but they need to much work so i ask for a trade for the kings mind u ima pg 6,5 im doing pretty good.. so they trade me to the lakes omg ... so long story short i got 6 man of the year rookie of the year . and 2 team all nba and howard got mvp and no matter how good i played they wouldnt give me stater role which is cool so we get to the finals my dumd *** decide to skip to games because u know we were sweeping teams so when i did the we were down 1-3 against the heat so no big deal ill play the rest so i thought ... so i play the next game they sub me in and were down 20 i think the score was 15- 35 so i decided to take over and so how i manage to bring us back with in 5 points so i get sub out again .. at the end of second and when i get sub back in im down 30 so im like ok damn .. so i bring us back idk how but i did within 11 points then all of a sudden my player starts walking as if hes injured i mean dude would not run he limp i mean not like in 2k11 or 12 my dude was hurt like wtf at least thats what i thought so these guys wont take me out and i cant get back on d for **** and labron going crazy dunking from every where so by 5 mins left in fourth after these gut are making me want to rage quit ... all of a sudden my player was just fine .... wtf did 2k do this **** on purpose or what i was to mad so i let the game play ..and i lost but ... did this happening to any one else ? ps i play on pro for the first yrs then move up diff second yr and i play 9 mins a qrt .... ???? so help me out
Old 10-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #10
Just started!

I really like the attention to detail in OS reviews, but this was just lazy. As the first poster stated just recycled talking points we've heard amillion times already. I would think that 7 days after release OS would come with a more in-depth, insightful review. No mention of the tons of online glitches, the OA fatigue glitch and I get that "mileage may vary" but NO ONE in my OA has been able to play another user in 3 days...
Old 10-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #11
Rookie

Imo the animations are whats holding this game back. fifa took the chains off,madden is starting to but will 2k. dribble stick is a joke it would feel more natural if stick was just my right hand instead of some animation dribble iso had more control. Example- Fight night round 4 tyson cover sold 3mil 4 both systems, right stick boxing felt more authentic. Fight night champion barely did 1mil on both. Why well ea switched the controls back to button mash punching, and button mash combos(Spamming). That move might have killed fight night till next gen. Casual is not the best way to go they only like the bells and the whistles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13
Sigh. I am not a basketball fan, and so wish this review was talking about a baseball, football or hockey game!
Old 10-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #13
Rookie

I think OS should do a review of the virtual currency issues and the scale of costs of items and skills in MyCareer.

Can I point out a VERY important thing that is missing from the came. AN INSTRUCTION BOOKLET that explains VC and where you earn it and how much you get for each mode?! Endless forum posts on people not sure why or when you earn VC.

So, i get it when i play a quick game, but not an association game...
But, some people get VC for Online Association...
You get it for MyCareer games and MyTeam but only when you are online, otherwise you get Skill Points...

The larger issue that I've come up with is that 2K has completely changed the focus of the game. I like to play association but when i played my first game and didn't get any VC i thought, "**** this..." at least if I play MyTeam exhibition games I get 150 VC for each game. My focus has been to earn VC so that I can get the most out of mades that used to be free. Good players in blacktop... cost VC. Basic accessories in MyCareer... cost VC. Hey MyTeam looks pretty cool... oh, costs VC.

And don't get on me about saying that 10,000 VC only cost $3. I bought a full price retail game and expect all of the modes to be playable and I expect to be competitive without shelling out more money. VC is fine for EXTRA purchases. If you want a Nike hoody for your MyPlayer in blacktop or a pregame ritual. But being able to get a generic headband for your rookie MyPlayer shouldn't cost you anything.

Review that, Operation Sports.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #14
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K13 Review (360/PS3)

This game out the box is not near 9.5 in my opinion. The review is way too generous.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #15
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K13 Review (360/PS3)

Damn near perfect, all time classic sounds about right to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3
I would give it a solid 8.7 for sure...but not a 9.5. Still the ocassional weird animation or the force field between their hands and the ball. But, with the right sliders, the gameplay could be amazing. The crowd is still whack, doesn't know how to react properly. No player sweat or player introduction before the games, and the fact they omitted some important legends (Kareem, Dr. J, C Webb, etc) as well as the 92-93 Suns (which due to the amount of people trying to create that team I would say most people would like to see them in the game) didn't help my review. Also would like to see different accessory options either for free or for VC credit for players like goggles, glasses, different types of socks, etc., tighter uniforms on the players and better detailed legend courts. The '86 Celtics court looks pathetic. NO detail to the parquet floor. So, definitely a high 8...but not quite in the 9's yet.

Last edited by Frizzz24; 10-09-2012 at 01:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »