Home

Forza Horizon Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Forza Horizon Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Forza Horizon Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

The Forza Horizon demo is available now for Xbox LIVE Gold subscribers (queue it up right here). It weighs in at 1.57 GB. Not a gold member? You'll receive it next week.

Get some racing in and post your impressions.

Quote:
Players who download the "Forza Horizon" demo and then purchase and play the full game online will receive a specially designed 2013 SRT Viper GTS, celebrating Forza Horizon's "gone-gold" status. This rare liveried car will only be available to those who download the demo and purchase and play the game online. The "Forza Horizon" Xbox LIVE demo requires an Xbox LIVE account. To receive your free Viper you will need Gold member exclusive access.
Platform: Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Forza Horizon Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

It's a demo....

+ Color in the shade is correct
+ Night time driving is very well done
+ Textures on mountains is great
+ Cars are detailed
- Handling even with assisted is not smooth
/ Overall sense of speed is decent
- Terrains effects are very weak compared to games like Dirt3 or even Sega Rally
- Have a feeling that the overall "fall feeling" will get old quick.

Feels like a mix between all that is good with forza all that was good with tes drive unlimted and everything that was bad from rockstars racing game
Old 10-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
i think the handling feels great, especially at speed...very sim style (as i'd expect of forza) instead of crappy arcade like....

this game seems pretty legit, i'm thinking it'll score in the mid-high 9's
Old 10-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Excited about getting the full game, the demo is great .. good to have that car detail from Forza in an open world, waiting to drive the other cars on game ,looks like it wil be a great game.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 20

A bit disappointed with this demo.

The environments are beautiful, and the concept of this game is very cool. But the driving model is mediocre. Very lazy, with a distinct lack of feel, even with all assists turned off. That phenomenon is exacerbated during off-road free roaming or races, as the force feedback is poor on dirt roads.

Forza always has placed its players into a physics purgatory. The game doesn't feature the ludicrous slides of an arcade racer, but it also never has featured the proper weight-based physics of a real sim.

This game is no different. It's a very somnabulent driving model. It lacks weight and feel.

But this game appears to include many fun race styles, unlockables and a huge variety of roads. Will be really fun to race online, especially against friends.

Hmm. I probably can overlook the sleepy, floaty driving model to have eight cylinders of fun with friends.

Last edited by pk500; 10-09-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Further impressions after more play testing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #6
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

anyone else receive an error message from x-live when attempting to download this demo?

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Old 10-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #7
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

in one word: amazing. when this game was anounced, i thought it wuld be a crappy copy of NFS, but i was wrong, and i cant tell how much i loved this demo. forza horizon can be one of the greatest games of the year. i like racing in different enviroments, and even loving the forza and gt series, im a rally games fan, and i like the fact that in horizon we have different kinds of tracks. and, on a sidenote, im brazilian, and after fifa 13s poor localization, i cant be happier about what these guys made with horizon. the game is fully localized to brazilian portuguese, and with a high quality, and believe me, its a rare case.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 20

Drove this baby for about another 75 minutes tonight, and I must admit it's REALLY growing on me.

The reason is simple: It's FUN as hell.

I approached my first experience with the demo this afternoon in the same anal, cynical fashion with which I critique any new racing game. How are the physics? How is the grip model? The weight? The tactile feel?

Yeah, I'd still like all of these to be a bit better in Forza Horizon.

But they're not. Yet the game is still fun as hell. This is such a complete package. So much to do, whether it's street racing, racing against a P-51 Mustang, finding accessory discount signs to smash, trying to beat Friends' speeds through speed traps, etc.

Perhaps my favorite thing to do is just free roam and find other fast cars to race or dodge in and out of traffic. Reminds of when I played GTA III and IV and spent more time running over pedestrians and cruising Liberty City than attempting missions.

The attention to detail is superb in so many aspects of this game. I've found myself stopping on the shoulder and using the free look to admire the scenery. I love how the headlight sensor automatically turns on the headlights at dusk. The lighting used in the transition from night to sunrise is beautiful. And the music selections rock. Great mix of techno and cool rock like Arctic Monkeys, Black Keys, Hives, etc. I'm sure there will be even more tunes in the full release.

I'd love for the driving model to be a bit closer to my personal nirvana for a console game. But I'm willing to overlook that just because this game puts a bigger smile on my face the longer I play it.

It's not iRacing. It's not TOCA 3. It's not Richard Burns Rally. It's Forza Horizon, and it's fun as hell. I think it will be a big hit with my two sons and with buddies. That's a winner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »