Home

F1 2012 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on F1 2012 Review (360/PS3) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: F1 2012 Review (360/PS3)

I still haven't pulled the trigger on this game because, frankly, it seems way too similar to last year's iteration. I just can't justify spending $50 for what essentially seems like the same game (aside from the adding of the new Texas F1 track and the loss of the track at Istanbul). I'm not saying it hasn't changed at all, but the demo was way too similar.

And, yes, a classic F1 season would be awesome, especially if you could actually race in a season mode for it.

It would be awesome to do a late 1980s season mode with all the legendary drivers and tracks from that era (plus, the fact that the cars were radically different with no aids, no automatic clutch, etc.). Of course, with all the changes in the last 25 years, that in and of itself would make it very difficult for them to do, so we'll probably never see it happen.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 33
I would also like to add how bad weather conditions are the year. There is no feeling of gradual deteriation of grip levels. When it starts to rain you literally go from having a car which drives like its perfectly dry to driving like its on an ice rink. This is one area where the game really frustrates. It kills your lap times & actually makes you consider turning off Dynamic Weather.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Codemasters should add some historic cars and tracks to the game, much like 2K does with vintage teams for the NBA series.

And for Christ's sake, return a season mode, all three practice sessions and scalable tire wear to the 2013 version of the game!
They can't due to FIA licensing issues (they've said this on their forums each year when it comes up).

I've tried it with a wheel, the game is designed around a gamepad and a casual audience. Turn off every assist and drive with a wheel, the handling isn't that good, use a pad and the car is more responsive and more stable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Codemasters should add some historic cars and tracks to the game, much like 2K does with vintage teams for the NBA series.

And for Christ's sake, return a season mode, all three practice sessions and scalable tire wear to the 2013 version of the game!
I thing that to

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »