Home

Forza Horizon Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Forza Horizon Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #17
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Forza Horizon Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

While the Forza physics engine has been toned down it still has that distinctive Forza weight and feel to it. The game itself looks beautiful and it is fresh change of pace driving a car instead of a torpedo. A happy addition to the sparse sim-cade genre and a bit of soul for a series that has always struggled to find one.

I wish we could get a bigger taste of the game, especially the multiplayer, customization and the full scope of the map. All are going to be big factors to the longevity of this game.

Is there a way to trigger on the spot races with the AI you see driving around? (like flashing headlights at them?)

Has anyone figured out how to get over to the small track section on the right side of the map? It is visible so I assume there is a way to unlock it .. or maybe its just an oversight.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
While the Forza physics engine has been toned down it still has that distinctive Forza weight and feel to it. The game itself looks beautiful and it is fresh change of pace driving a car instead of a torpedo. A happy addition to the sparse sim-cade genre and a bit of soul for a series that has always struggled to find one.

I wish we could get a bigger taste of the game, especially the multiplayer, customization and the full scope of the map. All are going to be big factors to the longevity of this game.

Is there a way to trigger on the spot races with the AI you see driving around? (like flashing headlights at them?)

Has anyone figured out how to get over to the small track section on the right side of the map? It is visible so I assume there is a way to unlock it .. or maybe its just an oversight.
"Sim-cade" -- perfect description, dude.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #19
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

For an open world racer Forza Horizon is looking fantastic. The ambience of the visuals lend themselves well to a party racing vibe but also for casual, virtual wind in your hair exploring. The visuals are stunning and the handling of the cars is more than adequate for this type of game. The noticeable weight is obvious through the controller and makes the statement that these cars are built only for the road, as opposed to other titles which make the vehicles look like cars but by the way they handle it becomes evident that they are actually hover crafts in disguise.

Already, for me, this game has entered the genre of laid back, play for fun titles like TDU and the Skate series, even Just Cause 2. Great games that provide virtual worlds where most of the fun is directed by the player and not the strictures of progression driven by the game. I think FH is more about the experiencing of driving for the fun of driving rather than the fun of racing, but you still get that too.

FH is a good deviation, feels and looks like quality so far.

Last edited by 18 eighty 5; 10-15-2012 at 08:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »