Home

NBA 2K13: Six Best Role Players for Your Association

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13: Six Best Role Players for Your Association within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
Rookie

Cedrik's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K13: Six Best Role Players for Your Association

Is Harden considered a role player because he comes off the bench?
Old 10-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Even though Harden is a role player for the Thunder, I don't think he is actually a role player. If he becomes a free agent in your game offer him role player money and let me know how that goes.

Contract figures are just as important as overall rating when it comes to role players.

Anyway, in past games I actually had success using JR Smith as a role player. Whenever my starters failed to get baskets I subbed in Smith. In game he was excellent at coming off screens for the J
Yea I did that and the Thunder had no problem matching as soon as here Decided to accept the offer. Sometimes in this case you have to over pay just a bit to get who you want.

But then again I don't know if I would build a team around James Harden ??? I'm I the only one that thinks this ?!?!?
Old 10-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #11
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Uh..... no love for Ben Gordon? Dude has in-the-gym range and can practically hit a shot from North Carolina, has one of the easiest releases in the game, not too shabby on defense if you have great on-ball defense and has the microwave signature skill, he's an easy 18+ points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFNREADY
This role can also be filled by a rookie, don't you think; as i have my eye on a Maverick named Jae Crowder at SF / SG. This kid is a beast, and i wouldn't expect anything less than 10 - 15 pts a night from this kid.
cheers
LOL GTFO NO CHANCE
Old 10-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #13
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Taj Gibson is definitely great. He was on my association team on 2k12 and he helped out a lot. It's killing me stopped playing that association like a week before 2k13 came out and now it's been two weeks and I still haven't started an association on 2k13 because I'm waiting on more roster updates from 2k. Hopefully, they will have another one soon.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wow! Jamison and Shumpert, and even someone mentioning rookie Crowder lol! But no Ginobili.. No surprise there, spurs are always overlooked. What's his rating this year? 84-86, don't remember. Higher than everyone on the list above. And still a 6th man
Old 10-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #15
Rookie

smlmeyer's Arena

OVR: 9
I submitted to Bill Simmons about Harden winning the Sixth Man award just because he comes off the bench. He played more minutes than any guard on the Thunder besides Westbrook. He's also clearly their second best guard next to Westbrook. To me, the "off the bench" thing seems to be purely semantics. He still plays like 25-30 minutes per game to Sefolosha's 20-23.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 13
^^^^ What do you propose? Winner has to average less than 25 mpg and come off the bench? I mean if Durant came off the bench obviously he would win the award. I don't think he should/would be disqualified for any reason. It's the best player who starts the game on the bench. Of course it's because of matchups and saving some scoring/playmaking for the 2nd unit, but he is a starter. It's an interesting topic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »