Home

NCAA Football 13: Recruiting Promises Strategy

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13: Recruiting Promises Strategy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2012, 02:08 AM   #9
Rookie

NDGipper32's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 13: Recruiting Promises Strategy

The promise of a winning record against rivals, should be avoided when using TB schools. It is also exactly why there should be a rivalry maker of some sort on this game.

I created a TB school, Utah Valley Wolverines and since they are TB, I can't even offer the promise because I have no rivals.

Just another reason why, a rivalry editor of some sort needs to be in the game.

Current Dynasties ('14):
Playing: Year 6, New Mexico State Aggies 0-0. Week 1.

('11)
Idle: Year 9, Notre Dame Fighting Irish 0-0. Preseason.

Last edited by NDGipper32; 10-14-2012 at 02:11 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:54 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDGipper32
The promise of a winning record against rivals, should be avoided when using TB schools. It is also exactly why there should be a rivalry maker of some sort on this game.

I created a TB school, Utah Valley Wolverines and since they are TB, I can't even offer the promise because I have no rivals.

Just another reason why, a rivalry editor of some sort needs to be in the game.
the Tb school you created will have the same rivals as the team you took out
Old 10-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #11
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattoon2
the Tb school you created will have the same rivals as the team you took out
Unless this has changed for '13 (which I doubt, but can't confirm) a TB school will only take 1 of the rivals of the spot which it replaced.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #12
Banned

Promises are a great tool in recruiting players to your team in NCAA Football 13. But knowing which promises to use - and when to use them - is also key.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3
Great read & that last one is a no brainier
Old 12-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #14
Just started!

/hey can anyone help me i have noticed that it is possible to raise every grade in the game aside from college tradition. I have been a head coach of the San Jose State Spartans for 15 years and i have won 13 national campionships and 15 coference championships... i also figured out how to raise the confrence prestige (by jumping to another conference) But how in the world do you raise it.. Actually one of the main motives of completeing seasons and staying with the same school after you have created a new born powerhous....!!!! 197 wins- 0 losses... Can someone help??? is it impossible to raise really frustrated and starting to dislike the game....
Old 12-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #15
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chishow
/hey can anyone help me i have noticed that it is possible to raise every grade in the game aside from college tradition. I have been a head coach of the San Jose State Spartans for 15 years and i have won 13 national campionships and 15 coference championships... i also figured out how to raise the confrence prestige (by jumping to another conference) But how in the world do you raise it.. Actually one of the main motives of completeing seasons and staying with the same school after you have created a new born powerhous....!!!! 197 wins- 0 losses... Can someone help??? is it impossible to raise really frustrated and starting to dislike the game....
Conference prestige is related to how well the other teams in your conference are playing/rated in the Top 25. You, yourself, winning National Titles has little to do with it if everyone else is under .500
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #16
Rookie

Colorado Cooler's Arena

OVR: 2

I promised a QB recruit I wouldn't sign another player at the position and followed through on my promise by not recruiting another QB. However, I landed a great ATH (ranked 61 OVR who turned out to be a 76 OVR QB) who I placed at QB while doing the position change process. Will I be penalized for a broken promise even though the ATH was not a QB when I recruited him?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »