Home

Pro Wrestling X Launches Kickstarter Campaign

This is a discussion on Pro Wrestling X Launches Kickstarter Campaign within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Pro Wrestling X Launches Kickstarter Campaign

Wednesday at noon, Canadian developer WishboneX Creations launched its Kickstarter campaign for Pro Wrestling X. Supporters have until December 9, 2012 to raise the $75,000 project goal.

A $15 pledge secures a downloadable copy of the game once it's released, plus a spot in the game credits. Further incentives like private beta access and early access to the original source code are being offered at higher pledge levels.

Quote:
Pro Wrestling X is a 3D wrestling game being developed for the PC platform. Our game features the core game mechanics lovingly inspired by the classics of the Nintendo 64 era, WCW/nWo Revenge and WWF No Mercy – but free of the imposed limitations of licensed console games. A game made by wrestling fans, for wrestling fans.

Our mission with Pro Wrestling X is clear and attainable:
  • Focus on simple but deep gameplay mechanics that are FUN!
  • Build a game that's open and moddable. Give gamers the freedom and tools to create new content.
  • Create a wrestling game platform that evolves and grows – and never goes backwards.
  • The ultimate goal: the fun of No Mercy + the depth of Fire Pro Wrestling.

Wrestling fans can further show their support for Pro Wrestling X by voting for the game on Steam's Greenlight service.

For more details on Pro Wrestling X, check out the game's YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and official website.
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
Rookie

KuruptOwnz's Arena

OVR: 3
Will give anything if there is Hardcore matches and blood!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
I'm much happier with the WWE 12 & 13 games because of how they changed the controls. While I do love No Mercy, Revenge, World Tour & WM2000, I am enjoying the new games even more because of the depth and customization they offer.

I applaud the work these guys have done with this game, i'm just not going to waste my time with it while they're is a game like WWE 13 out there with the real guys and amazing customization that other fans upload to help recreate some of those old wrestlers/stories/arenas we grew up loving. And no WWE 13 is not perfect, but WWE 12 & 13 and the first wrestling games i've enjoyed in a really long time.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13
I put $20 in. Well worth it, I feel, since it's 1/3 the price of a new WWE game and I get 2 fully customizable games out of it if it's fully funded. $5000 down, $70,000 to go with just over a full day of kickstarter behind it is a good start!
Old 11-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
yeah, those guys are great. Have been with the project since way back in the day, and hopefully this is all finally coming to a head. I know they have huge aspirations finally bringing the masses what they want. Donated back in the day, and donated again on this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Pro Wrestling X Launches Kickstarter Campaign

I remember seeing some information about this game quite a while ago but kinda forgot about it until a couple weeks ago when there was a link posted here.
In this day and age when we have gone from 2 or 3 games of each sport to in many cases just one, it's awesome to have something like this as an option.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Exactly. I encourage everyone to put in a little, even if it's just the $4 tier to buy the guys a drink.

It's been a LONG time in the works, and if more people would give the kind of effort that they have for the past several of years, it'd not only provide us as gamers more options, but also possibly light a fire under the main stream developers to actually listen to what the gamers want/need.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The current development team is comprised of three people. But the main guy Dave has been at it for over 6 years working on this game with various team members coming and going.

To build a 3D game from the ground up is no easy task. The alpha footage they've shown so far looks promising.

Last edited by jyoung; 11-08-2012 at 11:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »