Home

Madden 13: What Is Your Offensive Style?

This is a discussion on Madden 13: What Is Your Offensive Style? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
I like to pound the ground with 2 RB'S then move into play action and 2 TE sets. my strong suit is the deep ball but like to save that for when i rlly need it
Old 11-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 13: What Is Your Offensive Style?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeg1713
I like to pound the ground
Weird dude
Old 11-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #19
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20
i run fake punts and field goals until im down a significant deficit, then i just run 4 verts.

or ill keep it pretty balanced. im all about the short to intermediate passing game too. screens are always cute. rarely do i take a big shot down field.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:59 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
im a ground and pound player. my ratio of run to pass is about 53-47. once my running game gets stopped, i use the short passes to get the first down then open up the run game again
Old 11-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #21
Rookie

Calvin_Johnson81's Arena

OVR: 9
My style is simple pound the rock up the middle to open up my passing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Heavy HB involvement, both run and pass. Power running, some stretch/zone runs, screens, HB pass routes.

Blame loving do-it-all HB like Craig, Faulk, and now Ray Rice.

When I do throw to WR, it tends to be going for a big play/deep pass or very short, very high percentage - basically a "long handoff" or I guess a "forward pitch". Talking about 4 or 5 yards and hopefully QB accuracy and ball carrier skills of the WR make it bigger now and then.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:36 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 16

Power runs and stretch runs along with quick slants and posts when passing. I struggle in Madden when people use dime package which somehow stops the run and the pass successfully. Im trying to teach my friend who doesn't really know the ins and outs of football that dime package isn't good unless the offense has 4 WR's. But dime works on any offensive package unrealistically. THANKS EA!!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #24
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
I am completely adaptable to the game I'm in. I can run a multiple offense and defense, use gameflow the whole game, and be fine. I find that if I don't have a specific style to lean on, I'll never get shut down!

It totally depends how my defense plays me. If they press the corners and blitz, I become a vertical passer.
Run quarters and I ground and pound. It totally depends. And it makes every game I play really interesting.

On defense I run A 4-3/3-4 cover 3 the first 10 or so plays to get a feel for what my opponent is trying to do.
Works pretty well.

I think I'm 25-9 now? I was 20-3 but I've lost 5 times to cheesers. And I'll gladly take those losses. I tried cheesing it out with one guy and the score ended up being 91-80 and it took an hour and 20 minutes.... Never again. lol. I would rather take the loss and move on with my day. Nobody cares about your record. These blogs are the only times I say it to anyone but myself really. So I dont know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »