Home

Madden 13: What Is Your Offensive Style?

This is a discussion on Madden 13: What Is Your Offensive Style? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Madden 13: What Is Your Offensive Style?

If I am playing offline my style is whatever "Ask Madden" is programmed for a particular team.

When playing against an online opponent; no matter what I go deep on the first play of the game and from that point on they play the pass and I run the ball quietly down there throat and chew up the clock in the process.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #34
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

All Day / Everyday / Million and One / Varieties / Implementations of Sid Gilman / Air Coryell / Vertical / Spread / Air Raid...

With some Power Run for balance...

Yes, I'm "Having It All"...

Old 11-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #35
Rookie

Ian1085's Arena

OVR: 0

Passing is a lot more difficult in this game. I was able to throw for 400 yards and 4+ TD's with ease in Madden 12 and now I struggle to get to half that. The new passing engine makes it virtually impossible to throw a zinger with some air to go over the DB/LB. Now the trajectory is almost straight and the DB's pick everything off. The short passing game is a lot smoother though, so normally I'm forced to throw underneath.

Having said that I often try a run heavy game. I like to draft a mobile QB like a Brandon Sales or a Rockford Odom and then draft two great speed backs while using Carolina's playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #36
Rookie

nk0559's Arena

I have lots of trouble throwing deep. It's definitely a lot tougher this year, I'm a ground and pound guy and when I need to pass , I love going over the middle and the curls are good this year. I prefer counter runs out of strong I form. It's effective but not cheese , it seems like in order to complete a good pass there needs to be some element of cheapness.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #37
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
I use the Raiders and run their Playbook.. In fantasy drafts, I use the same playbook but use RGIII and have Demarco Murray as my cutback back. I use speed just like the real raiders and use their 4-3 bay defense.

I love all the bay offenses though from Oakland to Tampa

I'm a balanced player and will beat you through the ground or air depending on which I can exploit most effectively. I don't favor either element but I do shy away from PA's even when the ground game is working although they do run more effectively this year albeit with the PA escape button.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:30 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2
I'm Bill Parcells ball control oriented. I love to run the rock and pass either when I need to or to keep the defense off balance. I try to set the defense up and pick and choose my moments to strike for the big play. Online I generally play my brother in untangled games because I hate cheesers and anything less than 10 minute quarters tend to turn into arena football shoot outs.

Last edited by supermanemblem; 11-14-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:52 AM   #39
Rookie

It depends I like to run nothing satisfies me more then to have 300 yards with 6 attempts passing against some douche who thought he'd get Green Bay against my lowly Jags.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-14-2012, 06:32 AM   #40
Rookie

deadly738's Arena

I run most of my offensive plays (both run and pass) out of either the I-Formation or the Shotgun. I mostly like to pound them with the Run Game or use a Spread Offense. I try to stay balanced between the run and the pass.

Last edited by deadly738; 11-14-2012 at 06:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »