Home

NBA 2K13 Patch 1.02 Released, Details Included, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Patch 1.02 Released, Details Included, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2012, 03:45 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
NBA 2K13 Patch 1.02 Released, Details Included, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

The NBA 2K13 patch has arrived for PS3 and 360. The details on the patch haven't been released yet, but we'll update this post as soon as they are available.

UPDATE: NBA 2K13 Patch Details

GAMEPLAY
  • Improved AI rebounding logic to balance out offensive rebound frequency.
  • Tuned AI transition defense; users will now have more fast break opportunities against the CPU. Additionally, CPU teammates are now more able to guard their opponents on the break.
  • Long range passes are now less accurate and will result in more fumbled and missed catches.
  • Passing successfully out of a double team has been tuned to be slightly more difficult.
  • Tuned the logic behind Charging calls so that they are properly called. Charges will now sometimes be called when the defender is in position and stationary, even if he is not in the “Take Charge” animation.
  • Tuned timing on block animations, and made the AI more vigilant about blocking layups and dunks.
  • Improved reach-in foul detection when defender continually swipes at the ball, results in more called fouls where appropriate.
  • AI now only calls for a full court press in appropriate situations (i.e. late in the game).
  • Addressed two dunk animations that were not counting for a score when they were converted.
  • Fixed an issue where Replay would show the incorrect play, rather than what actually happened on the court.
  • AI positioning when running plays has been tuned so that big men with limited shooting range will not move further away from the basket than what their range allows.
  • AI teammates will now remain in the Post Up position longer when a Quick Post play is called for them.
  • Tuned alley-oop and putback dunks such that only players who have a high tendency to perform either move are able to finish with one.
  • Removed the restrictions for the ‘Microwave’ Signature Skill such that it now works regardless of whether you are already on a hot or cold streak.
  • When a block is recorded for a player with the ‘Eraser’ Signature Skill, only the shooting attributes of the blocked player are lowered.
  • Fixed a rare issue where a traveling violation would be called on a pass fake.
  • Referee Review on last shot will no longer play if the shot has no effect on the outcome of the game.
  • A number of other smaller changes have been made to address issues and enhance the user experience.
  • Tuned three-point percentage.
GENERAL
  • NIKEiD shoes will now appear properly in-game after being equipped to a player.
  • Addressed an issue where the game score would disappear in Blacktop games when Signature Highlights were viewed in the pause menu.
  • Fixed an issue where Free Throw Feedback would no longer appear in games after playing an Online MyTEAM game.
  • Addressed an issue in Online MyTEAM games where the away team player would have the Signature Skills of the home team player if identical players were used in the game by both players.
  • Music will no longer be disabled and Game Settings will no longer revert back to Default when completing an online game in MyTEAM.
  • Changed the difficulty settings for all of the seeds in MyTEAM.
  • (360) Addressed a Kinect issue where a misleading overlay would appear when a timeout was called through a voice command when no timeouts were remaining.
MyCAREER
  • Added additional warning re: conversion of an online MyCAREER (one that earns VC) to an offline MyCAREER (one that earns Skill Points).
  • Fixed an issue where the remainder of the user’s schedule would appear empty after participating in the various All-Star Weekend events. This change also carries over to Association/Season modes.
  • ‘Run Plays’ and ‘PlayVision’ should now function properly (when activated), regardless of your MyPLAYER’s position.
  • Fixed an issue where all games in October would be simulated when ‘Play Next Game’ is selected after the start of a new season.
  • Users playing MyCAREERs that accrue Skill Points will no longer find themselves with negative skill points after played games (where a number of unlikely conditions were all met).
  • Addressed a rare hang that would occur if the “Defend Your Home Court” billboard commercial would play between quarters of the Rising Stars Challenge or All-Star game.
  • Addressed a number of issues with the Social Media feature, including one where the news feed would stop updating completely.
  • When changing teams via free agency in the offseason, your MyPLAYER will now receive the proper role (starter, sixth man, etc.) that was promised during the contract negotiation.
  • You will no longer fail the Dynamic Goal “Give your team the lead before the game ends” when subbed out before the end of the game.
  • The Teammate Chemistry rating on the “Play Next Game” loading screen should now display the correct value (as seen in the Social Media menu).
  • The volume of the menu music and sound effects will no longer become extremely quiet after playing consecutive games in MyCAREER.
ASSOCIATION
  • 3PT Tendency progression logic has been rewritten to correctly model the growth variances within each player type in the game. This change also carries over to MyCAREER mode.
  • Users will no longer lose their Scouting Reports after viewing the Recent Games tab of a player card.
  • Birth years can now be set to later than 1993 when editing Draft Classes after the first season of Association.
  • Addressed a rare hang that would occur when attempting to participate in the Dunk Contest with a created player assigned to a created team.
  • (Association: Online) Offense and Defense options should now save properly when using the Total Sim Control feature.
  • (Association: Online) Admins will now have access to appropriate Commissioner Tools during the offseason.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves (MyCAREER, Association, etc.).
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

Last edited by Steve_OS; 11-27-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2012, 04:06 AM   #2
Banned

CUTigers2324's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K13 Patch Arrives Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by zniv
Also just got the patch. What's new?
I got it too...I haven't gotten a chance to delve into gameplay really to see if anything is different, but one thing I KNOW they've fixed, because I was curious to see/sure it would be the first thing 2K addressed since it potentially costs them money, is the VC exploitation glitch a lot of guys were using to get like 10,000+ VC an hour. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w44JON0CJaQ)

No longer can you play a key game in MyCareer, save and exit the game, then reap the VC ad infinitum by quitting the game before it saves. This is absolutely HUGE for MyTeam players, because it should mitigate people from making superteams in the future.

Incidentally, I would bet money this is the reason that 2K kept the details of the patch under wraps...had they leaked that the glitch was being fixed, I think a lot of people would have rushed to stockpile as much VC as they could before the patch dropped.

Last edited by CUTigers2324; 11-27-2012 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Had a thought
Old 11-27-2012, 04:29 AM   #3
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTigers2324
I got it too...I haven't gotten a chance to delve into gameplay really to see if anything is different, but one thing I KNOW they've fixed, because I was curious to see/sure it would be the first thing 2K addressed since it potentially costs them money, is the VC exploitation glitch a lot of guys were using to get like 10,000+ VC an hour. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w44JON0CJaQ)

No longer can you play a key game in MyCareer, save and exit the game, then reap the VC ad infinitum by quitting the game before it saves. This is absolutely HUGE for MyTeam players, because it should mitigate people from making superteams in the future.

Incidentally, I would bet money this is the reason that 2K kept the details of the patch under wraps...had they leaked that the glitch was being fixed, I think a lot of people would have rushed to stockpile as much VC as they could before the patch dropped.
This is fixed, I checked. Dunno about anything else.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:01 AM   #4
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

Can somebody please check if:

- We can now put hex pads and half calf sleeves together
- The Nike iD glitch is still there
- CPU offensive rebounding is fixed (that's to say, if your teammates now box out rivals)

Thanks!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:05 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

okay to add:

in blacktop, it's now easier to block shots AND the clock is now 24 seconds instead of the old 40seconds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2012, 05:09 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm playing MyCareer with my SG/SF and plays actually run now.

...and I tried with D-Rose and still can't get hex pads and half calf sleeves at the same time.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:11 AM   #7
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingSaget
I'm playing MyCareer with my SG/SF and plays actually run now.

...and I tried with D-Rose and still can't get hex pads and half calf sleeves at the same time.
can you try with regular pads please?
Old 11-27-2012, 05:12 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Played a quick game on superstar level, sim settings i must say cpu no longer leaks out that much, off rebounds toned down, and d is more responsive,just the few things I've noticed...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »