Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Features, Historic Edition Courses and Pre-Order Offers

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Features, Historic Edition Courses and Pre-Order Offers within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #17
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Features, Historic Edition Courses and Pre-Order Offers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
My #1 wish is to have a total revamp of the PGA Tour Career Mode.

It doesn't feel immersive. I just feel like I'm playing rounds of golf with a golfer I created to gain XP, rather than be apart of a full fledged Web.com Tour or PGA Tour and play in world class tournaments with world class players.
Simple statistical stat overlays on each hole comparing players through a number of categories could really help this issue. You've hit it dead on, there's not a lot that draws you into the competitiveness of all the golfers. Its very one dimensional.

So many options here. Average scoring of each hole by the top five golfers or the grouping you're playing with. Historical stat overlays comparing distance, accuracy and scoring variables. Season leaders in FIR, GIR...etc.

If you tie those stats in with deep commentary it would be a huge improvement. It doesn't always have to be revolutionary.

Example: If you're teeing off at "ABC" course a simple stat prior to you striking the ball showing FIR of last years tournament or average drive distance of the golfers that tee'd off prior that day partnered with commentary discussing the evolution of driving distances at that course over the last 20 years. Or commentary on the preferred location of those tee shots.

It makes the game worth listening to. Gives you something to think about as you set up your shot.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #18
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Features, Historic Edition Courses and Pre-Order Offers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
This would not be an issue if EA could license and create any course they wanted to.....if EA had their way and the resources to do so, they would put every PGA TOUR and Major course in the game every year. Unfortunately they do not have an unlimited budget and can't put any course they want in the game......
Yeah we know all gaming companies have obstacles they tend to face when developing games. Doesn't make it any less disappointing for the fans though. No need to make excuses on EA's behalf.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Yeah we know all gaming companies have obstacles they tend to face when developing games. Doesn't make it any less disappointing for the fans though. No need to make excuses on EA's behalf.
Not making any excuses. Just stating FACTS...or is there something wrong with stating FACTS?
Old 12-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #20
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
I was kind of sharing brandon27's opinion of 'is that all there is?', but I'll take your word that there's more to see and think about, Divot.

EDIT: Post # 2112!

This message was sent from The Temples of Syrinx
As long as they have online country clubs again, I'm buying it. I had a blast competing with the OS guys!

Last edited by mike24forever; 12-01-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #21
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
This would not be an issue if EA could license and create any course they wanted to.....if EA had their way and the resources to do so, they would put every PGA TOUR and Major course in the game every year. Unfortunately they do not have an unlimited budget and can't put any course they want in the game......
One word.......COURSECREATOR

Maybe it is two words but nonetheless it gets my point accross
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
One word.......COURSECREATOR

Maybe it is two words but nonetheless it gets my point accross
Not going to happen anytime soon. Sorry.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #23
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I don't know if I'm gonna buy this one or not, but either way I think I'm gonna hold on to 13 because of all the DLC I purchased. It really doesn't make sense to trade it in.

Divotmaker, are you privy to information about this years game. I know you couldn't share specifics if you are, but if so, would you say this there have been major strides made in 14? I'm really hoping that career mode gets a major overhaul and that a.i. scoring is improved a bit.

Regardless of whether I get it or not, I can't see myself trading in 13 though. I invested in the DLC and it just doesn't make since to get rid of it this time around.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #24
MVP

Unfortunately I can't go into any specifics and yes I am aware of most of the new features and improvements in the game. I also did not play the game in final code, so for me to give you an opinion on an unfinished product, I can't really. What I will say is that it appears that EA has focused on gameplay challenge, presentation, cameras, etc. there are a number of features they want to add to the game, but they are running into the limitations of current console hardware. Can't wait to be able to discuss the new game sometime after the beginning of 2013.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »