Home

Tiger 14: The Masters Historic Edition Cover Features Bobby Jones & Bubba Watson

This is a discussion on Tiger 14: The Masters Historic Edition Cover Features Bobby Jones & Bubba Watson within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Tiger 14: The Masters Historic Edition Cover Features Bobby Jones & Bubba Watson

BOBBY JONES, BUBBA WATSON TO ADORN COVER OF
TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 14: THE MASTERS HISTORIC EDITION

Game will feature Bobby Jones, Augusta National Golf Club in 1934

Past and present will unite when Bobby Jones and Bubba Watson are featured on the cover of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14: The Masters Historic Edition when it is released next year.

Bobby Jones was the dominant force in the game of golf from the early 1920s through 1930. Between 1923 and 1930, he won 13 of the 21 major championships he entered, including the Grand Slam in 1930. His record includes five U.S. Amateur Championships, one British Amateur Championship, four U.S. Open Championships and three British Open Championships.

Jones retired from golf after his Grand Slam year at the age of 28. Soon thereafter, he partnered with Clifford Roberts to realize his dream of building his ideal golf course. By 1933, Augusta National Golf Club held its formal opening. Then, as a way to provide a service to golf by hosting a tournament, Jones and Roberts decided to hold an annual event in 1934. The name Augusta National Invitation Tournament was adopted and the title was used for five years until 1939 when the name was officially changed to the Masters Tournament.

Among its many unique offerings, The Masters Historic Edition will not only feature Jones as a playable character, but it will also allow users the ability to play Augusta National Golf Club in 1934, plus 24 additional championship courses.

Jones will share the cover with Watson, who won his first Green Jacket this past April. Watson’s high, hooking wedge from the trees right of No. 10 fairway allowed him to make par and win on the second hole of a sudden-death playoff.

Both players have cemented their legendary status in the world of golf and will join more than 25 professional golfers as playable characters including Tiger Woods and Arnold Palmer, in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14.

Tiger Woods and Arnold Palmer will be on the cover of the standard edition of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 as announced last month.

EA SPORTS will also be revealing a unique European version of the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 box art in the near future.

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 12-06-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger 14: The Masters Historic Edition Cover Features Bobby Jones & Bubba Watson

I'm sold.

Being able to play as Jones AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER?! Unreal.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2
Looks like they're weaning themselves off the TIger label. Good move.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger 14: The Masters Historic Edition Cover Features Bobby Jones & Bubba Watson

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 12-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
I'm sold.

Being able to play as Jones AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER?! Unreal.
I guess but every golfer in the game has the same generic swing so it doesn't give you much of a feel to be playing as him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

We get 25 courses straight out the box for 70 bucks along with 1934 Masters course and Bobby Jones and Arnold freakin Palmer. We haven't even gotten any word on core game improvements and changes to Country Clubs or any new liscencing agreements. This will hold me over nicely until GTA V drops. Bravo EA, Bravo.

My Teams:
Old 12-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
We get 25 courses straight out the box for 70 bucks along with 1934 Masters course and Bobby Jones and Arnold freakin Palmer. We haven't even gotten any word on core game improvements and changes to Country Clubs or any new liscencing agreements. This will hold me over nicely until GTA V drops. Bravo EA, Bravo.
There is quite a bit they have not released yet concerning all of the above.....biting my tongue as I type this....
Old 12-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #8
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
There is quite a bit they have not released yet concerning all of the above.....biting my tongue as I type this....
I always hate you this time of year! Always got the scoop, but can't share. I am already fired up for this game and you are telling me it gets better. Jeez, this should be good.

My Teams:

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »