Home

First Candidate For MLB 13 The Show Cover is Bryce Harper, More Details Revealed

This is a discussion on First Candidate For MLB 13 The Show Cover is Bryce Harper, More Details Revealed within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
First Candidate For MLB 13 The Show Cover is Bryce Harper, More Details Revealed

Bryce Harper has been announced as the first candidate for the MLB 13 The Show cover, which will be voted on by fans.

In this Kotaku article, Bryce talks about the possibility of being the MLB 13 The Show cover athlete. Ramone Russell and Owen Good give us a few more details about the game, including a few nuggets about Beginner Mode, fielding, hit timing and a complex formula in the game's franchise mode.

Quote:
Russell said hitting timing will be adjusted slightly in MLB 13 The Show to give batters a more satisfying payoff on solid contact. "You're going to see more offense like you do in real life," he said, addressing criticisms that The Show's rigorous contact physics last year made the game a station-to-station game of base hits for most novices. "If you square up on a fastball, it's going to be hit harder than it was before," Russell added. "People are going to be very surprised."

Other upgrades Russell described involved a complex formula in the game's franchise mode, whereby team payroll—i.e., management's willingness to spend—will expand or contract relative to the team's success, and not just because a team made the playoffs or won a World Series. Teams like the Padres will never spend like teams like the Yankees, and vice versa. But especially in Road to the Show, if you end up in a small market or a perennial loser, and take them to a breakout season, you have a reasonable hope of seeing management spend for a supporting cast to get your club further into October, without stranding you there until you become an unrestricted free agent.

Source - No Longer a Rookie, Bryce Harper Wants to Welcome You to The Show (Kotaku)
Platform: PS Vita / PS3
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 12-12-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: First Officially Announced Candidate For MLB 13 The Show Cover is Bryce Harper

Booooooooooooooo

On a another note, that throwing motion looks quite ridiculous for an outfielder, but its perfect for James Paxton lol

Edit:

Quote:
"If you square up on a fastball, it's going to be hit harder than it was before," Russell added. "People are going to be very surprised."
Yes!!! this is exactly what I asked for in the feedback forum. One down lol

Quote:
Player development in Franchise will now be influenced by scouts which have their own ratings—spotting hitting and pitching talent and appraising both. It introduces a human element to the development process. "These guys could end up being wrong," Russell said.
Damn I should've just read the entire article first before quoting stuff, but this is a huge deal as well...

Last edited by seanjeezy; 12-12-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: First Officially Announced Candidate For MLB 13 The Show Cover is Bryce Harper

Might as well move on to the other choices cos no way he wins...
Old 12-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
Banned

SportsGamingBlake's Arena

OVR: 0

first of all i think bryce harper is a little bit overrated and although he had a great season for a 19 year old, i don't think he should be on the cover of this game. maybe in 14 or 15 depending on how the next few years go. also, they "sweet-spot" fielding accuracy thing sounds like what they had in 2K12 last year which i enjoyed so i am looking forward to that
Old 12-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
Rookie

catch212's Arena

OVR: 0

I swear, if I have to stare at Bryce Harper's mug on the loading screen all year....!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah no thanks. Its like when Vince Young got put on the Madden cover after his rookie season. Just hype.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Other upgrades Russell described involved a complex formula in the game's franchise mode, whereby team payroll—i.e., management's willingness to spend—will expand or contract relative to the team's success, and not just because a team made the playoffs or won a World Series. Teams like the Padres will never spend like teams like the Yankees, and vice versa. But especially in Road to the Show, if you end up in a small market or a perennial loser, and take them to a breakout season, you have a reasonable hope of seeing management spend for a supporting cast to get your club further into October, without stranding you there until you become an unrestricted free agent.

This is very intriguing to me; I was hoping that the economics within the franchise mode got some freshness added to it. I take this as teams, for example, like the Orioles will spend more since they have become relevant again. I glad that have found a way to implement a system like this into the game. Hopefully the further you get into the franchise the more the landscape will change.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: First Candidate For MLB 13 The Show Cover is Bryce Harper, More Details Revealed

I wish him the best of luck down the road, but he hasn't earned anything yet. He doesn't get my vote.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »