Home

Buster Posey and Miguel Cabrera Round Out the Candidates for MLB 13 The Show Cover

This is a discussion on Buster Posey and Miguel Cabrera Round Out the Candidates for MLB 13 The Show Cover within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #9
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
I'll be voting for the ex-FSU Seminole, Buster Posey.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #10

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Buster Posey and Miguel Cabrera Round Out the Candidates for MLB 13 The Show Cove

Since it's now confirmed I'll have no biased choice to vote for, guess I'll actually have to decide between the list of guys as to who to vote for.

For sure I won't vote for CC.

I'm thinking maybe vote for McCutchen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejaysfan65
Does anyone know if there is going to be a canadian cover this year???

Sent using Tapatalk
It wasn't announced until end of January that Bautista would be on cover of MLB12 in Canada, so makes me think it'd be around similar time again this year if there is Canadian cover.

Since they're having voting, I wouldn't mind voting for MLB13 cover in Canada. Options should be Lawrie,Reyes,Dickey,Johnson. No Bautista since he was on MLB12 already.

Last edited by Majingir; 12-20-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #11
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Buster Posey and Miguel Cabrera Round Out the Candidates for MLB 13 The Show Cove

MVPosey!!!!

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
Rookie

jv35's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
I am the same way with Verlander. He's good and I'm glad he's on my team, but other than that, yeah. He's just there. Lol.
I'm the exact opposite. Verlander and Granderson will always be some of my favorite players, because I've watched them since they were in AA.

Back on topic, Vote Miggy early, vote Miggy often!
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers

Old 12-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #13
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

What, no frame by frame breakdown of the :05 of footage yet!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Nice!

Ask anyone who knows me, even as a hardcore Giants fan, Posey is not my favorite player, nor is he even in my top ten. People around here will go nuts over his acclaim he has received after his first full healthy season of showing what he can do, though. I'm proud of the guy.

Plus, he's on the West Coast. We need a little somethin'. Either he or Kemp.
That's not something a hardcore Giants fan would say!

YouTube

Old 12-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #14
Rookie

pirates1fan's Arena

OVR: 2
I really hope Cutch gets it, but I have a feeling it will be Cabrera or Posey. I would be ok with Cabrera or Posey, but as a die hard bucco fan, I would be crushed if Cutch didn't! VOTE CUTCH!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #15
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I didn't play HR derby last year so I'm not sure if the batter wearing a hat is new, otherwise it looks like Posey is wearing a new style of batting glove, and it might just be me (and the fact that the pitcher is throwing slow) but I can actually pick up the spin on the ball (which looks a little bigger IMO but its probably due to the camera angle)...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #16
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Actually, that video wasn't up when I posted. That, or it didn't load up on my page at all. I was at my school when I posted earlier, so go figure. Plus, I was probably too busy working on my little cross-controller idea.

But what I saw was a ball trail and a new HRD camera angle (seeing it from the batter's point of view). I like the camera because it kind of leaves you in suspense. I don't know if I like the ball trail at all, but if there is an option to turn it off, we're all good. It looked like they were hitting a multi-colored ball, too. You could even recognize the spin more, which was kind of legit. They have the Posey stride and follow-through as well.

Quote:
That's not something a hardcore Giants fan would say!
I'm not sure what it is, but honestly I think it stems from the fact that everybody loved him before he proved himself (at least in front of them). Yeah, he showed us something, but he never proved himself. That makes it blind love, and I don't care for blind love. Probably the same reason I wasn't the biggest J.T. Snow fan. He could field, but in the later years as a Giant, that was it. Now I've watched and loved Posey since FSU, so my love kind of "went away" when everyone else jumped on his bandwagon. At least he's proven now.

I'm like that with many things, though. If we already know that someone is a highlight good player, I like to look around and find other things that are equally as good, if not better... or just become a fan of something else in general. It's like when a band releases a CD with a few singles; yeah, everyone has and loves the singles. Let's find the other hidden gems on that album that are worth loving.

EDIT: Totally realized you were talking about Kemp, not Posey haha. Well... I like some of the Dodgers players, even though I don't like the team. I like other teams less though (Cubs and Yankees, and A's before Moneyball). Anyway, I was just referring to the west coast love that is needed around here.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 12-20-2012 at 07:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »