Home

NBA 2K13 Patch 1.02 Released For Wii U

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Patch 1.02 Released For Wii U within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2012, 01:21 AM   #9
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
WTH are y'all talking about. NBA 2K13 on Wii U not only looks amazing, but plays a great game of basketball. Especially after the patch. There still needs to be some things with the frame rate tweaked, but it is FAR from unplayable. I'm enjoying many games on the Wii U version.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #10
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I've always been a big Nintendo guy and it's nice to see Nintendo finally getting some patches on their systems as well as up to date sports titles. I had been a huge Nintendo all the way guy until the Wii/PS3/360 era of gaming where the PS3 and 360 dominated in sports titles and for that I switched to PS3 but if Nintendo can get some serious sports gaming in on the Wii U and treat it with a serious passion then that makes me very excited.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K13 Patch 1.02 Released For Wii U

anybody that talks about a consoles power when it just came out has no clue what he/she is yaking about...underpowered yet plays all the best muti plat games that takes years to get right ..but has less then a yr to work...reallly dude come on...stop taking all the crap people say as truth...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #12
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
anybody that talks about a consoles power when it just came out has no clue what he/she is yaking about...underpowered yet plays all the best muti plat games that takes years to get right ..but has less then a yr to work...reallly dude come on...stop taking all the crap people say as truth...
Ultra have u tried the new patch?
Old 12-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
It's true that first generation titles don't know how to fully utilize the hardware. But this hardware is 7 years newer than a 360 and 6 years newer than a PS3. You would think any new console created would be able to port over one of their games and match the performance without breaking a sweat. Instead it appears the Wii U is underpowered in some areas like clock speed and will have to work hard to match much older consoles. I'm sure this was a quick port and while I expect the second generation titles to improve I am disappointed that the Wii U has to be maximized to match a 360 game (or possibly exceed it). I didn't expect the Wii U to match up with the 720 or PS4 but I did expect it to be significantly more powerful than the current stuff. That doesn't appear to be true.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #14
JZ2
Banned

JZ2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Wii U is so strong that it loads NBA 2k13 10xs slower than a ps3/360. I can't play in 2k cam bc the game runs like im playing online with AoL as my internet provider.

I'm sorry but I camped out a walmart #1 in line for 10hrs to make sure I had a Wii U for thanksgiving for when my out of state college bros came over for a week. I wanted one bad.

There will be no good games for 1-2 years. The selling point for me was atleast I could play NBA 2k and Madden for those couple years until those game made the jump to real consoles. Hold me over till some good nintendo games came out like Mario Kart to play with the fam.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #15
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Wii U returned and NBA 2K13 for Wii U traded in...

This isnt really a 2ksports issue Its a system issue I've noticed more and more things wrong with the actual system and its not worth the headache of keeping until the bugs are sorted and more solid titles come out for it.

Sadly this isnt a sports gaming console right now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #16
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21
I just wish 2k would've stuck with the system policy of A=accept and B=back. It's messing me up when I go through menus. They stuck with the same location as on the 360, but that's not what is in my head.

I'm enjoying the game a ton. I just set my system to 720p like Tombs suggested, and my framerate issues are gone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Go Badgers!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »