Home

PerfectGolf Tees Off Kickstarter Drive

This is a discussion on PerfectGolf Tees Off Kickstarter Drive within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
PerfectGolf Tees Off Kickstarter Drive

Funding opened last week for the PC/Macintosh Kickstarter project, PerfectGolf. With the game already 12 months into development, the PerfectGolf team is requesting an additional $300,000 in fan funding to secure licences for multiple real-world courses, add an online multiplayer clubhouse system and an in-depth course editor that will allow users to create and share their own dream courses over the Internet.

PerfectGolf has been built with the increasingly popular Unity3D game engine, which has been featured in recent PC games like Endless Space, Battlestar Galactica Online and MechWarrior Tactics. While gameplay footage hasn't debuted yet, a few early teasers are uploaded onto Perfect Parallel's YouTube channel.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Located in Vero Beach, Florida, developer Perfect Parallel is a small team of artists and programmers who have worked on popular franchises like Links, Forza Horizon and Crysis.

Fundraising for PerfectGolf closes February 4, 2013, with a $15 pledge earning a digital download of the finished game, and higher reward tiers offering Kickstarter-exclusive clothes, equipment and courses.
Platform: PC / Mac
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
Rookie

JibJab 24's Arena

OVR: 17
Just pledged my portion. This game appears to have the potential to be an amazing golf game!
Old 12-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10
As must as I want to donate, this project seems doomed. I like the idea and the graphics are great, but they need to raise $290,000 in a little more than a month. Not sure its going to happen this time around...
Old 12-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
Wow this looks promising! There hasn't been a golf game that I've been truly obsessed with since Links, so hopefully this can step in to fill the void. I'm happy to donate to this project.

@Cod It does seems unlikely that they're going to reach their goal on this kickstarter, but it sounds like they're far enough along that we'll be seeing the game in some form next year. I think this kickstarter is mainly to flesh out the multiplayer options as well as secure some course licenses.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PerfectGolf Tees Off Kickstarter Drive

I just contributed after seeing the video. Can't wait for a great PC golf game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2012, 04:10 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5
I'm on a very limited budget but I pledged $25.

I believe this may be the only PC golf game on the horizon that will include a golf course designer and hopefully, include most of the gameplay features many of us have been seeking.

-MERACE
Old 12-31-2012, 06:27 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
As must as I want to donate, this project seems doomed. I like the idea and the graphics are great, but they need to raise $290,000 in a little more than a month. Not sure its going to happen this time around...
The good news about contributing to a Kickstarter is that they don't actually charge you unless the product is successfully funded.

So you can pledge now, but if the project doesn't meet its goal you won't be charged a dime.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:15 PM   #8
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: PerfectGolf Tees Off Kickstarter Drive

I'm wondering what kind of setup you will need to push this gorgouse game? I'm gonna donate and hope this project takes off.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »