Home

PerfectGolf Tees Off Kickstarter Drive

This is a discussion on PerfectGolf Tees Off Kickstarter Drive within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2013, 01:28 AM   #9
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
I feel like they are asking for a little too much.... And at the moment I would rather save that money for GTA V, NCAA 14, etc.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:46 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillzKillz719
I feel like they are asking for a little too much.... And at the moment I would rather save that money for GTA V, NCAA 14, etc.
So $60 for any of those games is cool, but $15 for this game is too much? If you're a fan of golfing games, which I assume you are since you posted on an article about a golfing game, then that's some odd logic you have there...
Old 01-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #11
Rookie

BLB34's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: PerfectGolf Tees Off Kickstarter Drive

Looks very promising, I made a pledge. Not a bad deal considering some of the rewards you get for pledging -- assuming the game comes to fruition. Unless they get some big donors to step up it's going to be difficult to raise the funds needed though. Best of luck to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvinceable1
So $60 for any of those games is cool, but $15 for this game is too much? If you're a fan of golfing games, which I assume you are since you posted on an article about a golfing game, then that's some odd logic you have there...
I can't speak for him, but $60 on a game guaranteed to be released as opposed to any amount of money spent on a game that "may or may not" happen is a difference.

Last edited by Segagendude; 01-01-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #13
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I can't speak for him, but $60 on a game guaranteed to be released as opposed to any amount of money spent on a game that "may or may not" happen is a difference.
One guy stated above if it doesn't get kick started you don't have to pay
Old 01-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #14
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvinceable1
I guess I had two incomplete thoughts. In general, I think their expectations are too lofty, and they probably won't achieve it. But, that being said, $15 is not a lot of money. They aren't asking too much money straight from that, but I would just rather put it to a game that I know a lot more about I guess. But I love the whole idea of kickstarters and didn't mean to sound like "Oh they won't ever get it. Why try? I'll be fine with my GTA V."

Guess it's just a personal preference and not exactly sure what the game will be about... and what will it do that Tiger Woods 08 for the PC can't do? You know?
Old 01-02-2013, 03:05 AM   #15
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLB34
Looks very promising, I made a pledge. Not a bad deal considering some of the rewards you get for pledging -- assuming the game comes to fruition. Unless they get some big donors to step up it's going to be difficult to raise the funds needed though. Best of luck to them.
I pledged back on December 24th, but I'm with you... I don't see this even sniffing the goal. A quarter of the way into the campaign and they're at $12,271, with a $300,000 goal. They're going to need some much more aggressive marketing for this to have a chance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I pledged back on December 24th, but I'm with you... I don't see this even sniffing the goal. A quarter of the way into the campaign and they're at $12,271, with a $300,000 goal. They're going to need some much more aggressive marketing for this to have a chance.
This Kickstarter campaign might be telling us something about the supposed PC Golf market that I keep hearing everyone talk about.....not looking good if it is taking this long to get to $300K which is a pittance in Development funding for a top notch game of any substance. I hope they reach their goal....

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »