Home

NCAA Football 14 Cover Vote Update - Notre Dame and Oregon Lead the Way in Round 1

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Cover Vote Update - Notre Dame and Oregon Lead the Way in Round 1 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 14 Cover Vote Update - Notre Dame and Oregon Lead the Way in Round 1

NOTRE DAME AND OREGON LEAD IN FIRST ROUND OF NCAA FOOTBALL COVER VOTE

Vote Now to Give Your Team a Chance to Land a Spot in the Next Round

January 3, 2013 – As the first round of voting enters the homestretch, Notre Dame and Oregon currently lead all schools in the quest to secure the next NCAA Football cover. Other powerhouses such as Alabama, Michigan and LSU also currently sit above the cut line, as do a few surprise upstarts like Clemson, Army and Navy. Fans of other teams still have a chance to pull off a comeback, as voting on the first round will continue through Monday. South Carolina, USC, Virginia Tech and others stand under 500 votes behind, and Boise State is currently less than 300 votes away from playing spoiler once more. Teams advancing to the second round of the Cover Vote will be announced on Facebook at halftime of the BCS National Championship Game on Monday, January 7th.

Here’s the full list of the 32 schools currently primed to enter the next round.

Totals have been calculated through votes on both the primary polls on Facebook as well as several smaller polls highlighting rivalries, traditions, legendary college football players and more. There’s still time to vote, so head over to the NCAA Football Facebook page now to support your school!
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii U
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14 Cover Vote Update - Notre Dame and Oregon Lead the Way in Round

This is bull**** because Kentucky and Penn State had about 8000 more votes than either Oregon or Notre Dame. Not surprising EA lying and just pretending like we actually have a voice in what is on the cover. Don't even bother voting...it's just advertising posed as a poll.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 14 Cover Vote Update - Notre Dame and Oregon Lead the Way in Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arronwy
This is bull**** because Kentucky and Penn State had about 8000 more votes than either Oregon or Notre Dame. Not surprising EA lying and just pretending like we actually have a voice in what is on the cover. Don't even bother voting...it's just advertising posed as a poll.
Putting a Penn State player on the cover would be marketing suicide for EA. They are my favorite team so i voted for them, and they honestly have great candidates in Mike Mauti (an AA) and Gerald Hodges (an AA by some sources) and both will succeed in the NFL. But like i said, putting a PSU player on the cover even if they were in the lead would never happen seeing EA's past. But i guess well see.

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)
Old 01-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #4
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Ok. Kentucky was one of the top teams and now they're not even a choice going forward? Sham of a poll and not unexpected.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #5
Rookie

goroyals's Arena

OVR: 3
Apparently Notre Dame fans count for 4x as much of a person as Kentucky fans, or at least in EA Math.

Seriously EA? I have NCAA on my buying list for the first time since 2010, all you guys have to do to get my money is get to summer without giving me a reason NOT to buy. So what do you do? You offend me with a blatant lie in January. Put freaking Mickey Mouse on the cover for all I care, but don't create an event to show me how much I don't matter.

Last edited by goroyals; 01-04-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39

EA, stop lying...we're used to it now
Old 01-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #7
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Manti Te'o is your next cover, the voting has never mattered in EA polls for anything.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Manti Te'o is your next cover, the voting has never mattered in EA polls for anything.
Lol. Either him or Kenjon Barner it seems like...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »