Home

NBA 2K13 Roster Update (1-5-13)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Roster Update (1-5-13) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update (1-5-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Needed Portland Changes as of 1/5/2013

Put Victor Claver/Joel Freeland in active lineup (swap out for Nolan Smith/Jared Jeffries)

Add sig skills:

Lillard "Closer"

J.J Hickson "Hustle Points/Scrapper"

Attribute changes:

Nicolas Batum (79-80 OVR):

Play style "All around"

Shot 3pt from 85 to 83

Pass from 44 to 74

On-ball defense from 82 to 85

"Play pass lane" tendency from 69 to 81

Meyers Leonard(59-60 OVR):

Free throw from 73 to 88

Offensive rebound from 68 to 73

Defensive rebound from 64 to 68

Commit foul tendency from 58 to 70

Contest shot tendency from 62 to 71

Wesley Matthews (77 OVR):

Shot inside from 77 to 79

Shot medium from 67 to 70

Shot 3pt from 84 to 86

Free throw from 86 to 74

Shoot in traffic from 63 to 65

Shot Release changes:

Damian Lillard:

Shot Form: K. Malone

Shot Base: T. Parker

Fadeaway: W. Johnson

Runner: Bigman Textbook

Dribble Pull up: Elite 9

Free throw: D. Howard

Wesley Matthews:

Shot Form: Release 71

Shot Base: T. Duncan

Luke Babbitt:

Shot Form: Release 35

Shot Base: Set Shot 2

Joel Freeland:

Shot Form: Release 47

Shot Base: M. Yao

Ronnie Price:

Shot Form: Release 25

Shot Base: Jump Shot 1

Accessories:

Spoiler
Can't you just manually do all this yourself?
Old 01-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
What about Joakim Noah and Marco Belineli? Noah should go up to a 85 and Belineli should go up to 68-69. And Korver has outperformed his low rating. He should be up to a 68-72. Kris Humphries should drop to a flat 70, DJ Augustine to a 65-67, Carmelo Anthony to a 92 now that he 100% deserves it, Tyson Chandler to 80, Jason Kidd down to 77 only because of low stat production. Monta Ellis to 82-83 and especially lower his on ball defense and raise his steal instead. Jeff Teague up to 77 and Devin Harris down to 72. Raise Metta world Peace to a 74-75 and Antwan Jamison to 70-72. And also whatever the other comments on this post say.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #19
Rookie

Anyone else agree with me that Eric Bledsoe is overrated at 81? He's a great potential player but I think a fair rating would be 72-75 with high potential and athleticism and defense.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #20
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBa17
Not if he wants to play online.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #21
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpandya97
Anyone else agree with me that Eric Bledsoe is overrated at 81? He's a great potential player but I think a fair rating would be 72-75 with high potential and athleticism and defense.
Exactly. He's playing decent this year, so I guess that is enough to move him up to a frickin' 81... I guarantee you that if Bledsoe was a member of the Jazz, Trailblazers, or Raptors, he'd still be a 60 something, even if he was starting.

BTW 2k, Mo Williams is injured. Not sure if they updated that or not, but I'm betting they didn't, considering we're in Utah...

Last edited by JazzMan; 01-05-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #22
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudMouthHoops
Oh wait...Gerald Green had another "awesome" game last night where he managed to play 37 minutes and shoot 2-for-7 with 6....SIX!!!....turnovers!

His PER is now a whopping 7.9.

The league average is supposed to be 15.

Yet Gerald Green plays like a mini-LeBron and has shooting skills in this game that rival most STAR players...you know FUTURE Hall fo Famers...ya know, like Gerald frickin' Green.
Lol don't know why 2K made him play like that. He's insane in the game right now.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #23
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBa17
Umm I wish I could for quick matches online?
Old 01-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
What about Joakim Noah and Marco Belineli? Noah should go up to a 85 and Belineli should go up to 68-69. And Korver has outperformed his low rating. He should be up to a 68-72. Kris Humphries should drop to a flat 70, DJ Augustine to a 65-67, Carmelo Anthony to a 92 now that he 100% deserves it, Tyson Chandler to 80, Jason Kidd down to 77 only because of low stat production. Monta Ellis to 82-83 and especially lower his on ball defense and raise his steal instead. Jeff Teague up to 77 and Devin Harris down to 72. Raise Metta world Peace to a 74-75 and Antwan Jamison to 70-72. And also whatever the other comments on this post say.

Thinking only in terms of OVERALL rating like this is just simplistic, silly, and most importantly INACCURATE.

This whole "Melo is a 92"..."Korver should be higher" stuff is pointless if you are only going to judge by OVERALL rating.

Players like Korver and Bellinelli are going to have lower OVERALL ratings because they are one-dimensional players. Same goes for Melo....even though some people, mainly Knicks fans want to argue that he is suddenly a GREAT defensive player - he's not.

You can't argue that LeBron is a 98...so Melo "deserves" to be a 94 or a 92...it doesn't work that way.

You have to rate each individual skill/trait and the OVERALL rating is the sum of those parts.

One-dimensional offensive players are going to have lower overall ratings....the same goes for one-dimensional defensive minded players...Tony Allen, Thabo, etc...

This even applies to STARS....guys like LeBron who make All-NBA 1st Team and make All-Defense 1st Team are simply going to have higher OVERALL ratings then guys like Melo who DON'T.

Same goes for Steph Curry...and on the opposite side of things Joakim Noah.

It's why Jrue Holiday has a higher OVERALL rating than both of them...and others who average more points per game than him....which is the first stat everyone brings up when they try to argue about a player's OVERALL rating being too high...or too low.

This obsession with overall ratings is why Harden and Melo have inaccurate, juiced up defensive ratings.

Because people run and complain...and say..."How can Harden only be an 83!?!?! He's 5th in the NBA in scoring!!!!"

Unfortunately, 2K buys into this overly simplistic, almost childish way of looking at things...and bumps up these players because people, who clearly do NOT understand ratings based on more than just POINTS PER GAME, demand it.

Quote:
I said this when they gave Bledsoe the HUGE boost earlier. And people told me how WRONG I was.

I agree he needed a boost, but what they gave him was extreme...especially for a guy playing as few minutes as Bledsoe does.

It's just an example of 2K's inconsistency when it comes to this stuff.

In defense of the Bledsoe boost people pointed to his metric stats like PER...

That's fine and I understand that, but if that's the case....then where is Tiago Splitter's boost? And why was Brook Lopez just dropped? And why is George Hill so low?

I honestly wonder what George Hill's rating would look like if he played for the CLIPPERS??

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »