Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Legends Trailer, All 4 Majors Will Be Playable and More

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Legends Trailer, All 4 Majors Will Be Playable and More within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Legends Trailer, All 4 Majors Will Be Playable and More

If you can't embed the video, click here.

IGN has posted some details on the new Legends of the Majors mode in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14. Starting from the 1930's all the way to the present time, you can take your created golfer through scenarios based on actual championships, with balls, clubs and physics changing over the course of each era. For the first time ever, all 4 majors will be playable.

Quote:
Other interesting features about the new game (releasing March 26) include a day/night cycle that lets you play anytime from early morning to nighttime (complete with glow-in-the-dark balls!), 20 on-disc courses out of the box, Country Club tweaks like a higher member cap (100 people instead of 25) and a club chat feature, and 35 total licensed golfers, including female golfers from the LPGA tour.

Source - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Goes Technicolor (IGN)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

Last edited by DivotMaker; 01-07-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Official Tiger Woods 14 Information/Discussion

All four majors are in, awesome!! Can't wait see Oak Hill and all the presentation enhancements!!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Legends Trailer, All 4 Majors Will Be Playable and More

Divot..... I'm crying tears of Joy!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif Herbert-family-guy-684449_1024_768.gif (49.6 KB, 261 views)

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 01-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Legends Trailer, All 4 Majors Will Be Playable and More

Holy hell, Seve's in too!!!!

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 01-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Cannot wait!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

While having all the majors is nice, it means little if the presentation is essentially the same as all the previous years because then all we are getting is a couple of extra logos on the screen.

I hope there is some nice announcements regarding improved playing mechanics and difficulty enhancements and some level of real immersion with presentation improvements with career mode and online because what was released today doesn't excite me much.

These story modes are always nice when you first hear them but then it's always a disappointment with questionable AI and glitches. With a sports game, the game play and presentation should be always be first and foremost. Story modes are just a pleasant diversion for a few hours. The devs really need to ratchet up the replay ability of the game with substantial improvements to online and career mode.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:49 AM   #7
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Wow! The Next Gen era is winding down and we're just getting all four majors? I had high hopes for the Tiger series for the last few years just to be highly disappointed.

I would think golf would be the easiest of all sports games to replicate. Spend a cycle on graphics, atmosphere, details, and the next five or six on a system for putting and swinging.

The progress of this series is moving like a seventy foot putt on a cold, rainy, day.......SLOOOOOOOOW

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 01-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

can't wait to not buy this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »