Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Screenshots and Features

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Screenshots and Features within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #17
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Screenshots and Features

I can't wait for this game. I played the living heck out of TW 13 when everyone on OS played it. With all 4 majors finally in the game, improved swings (hopefully with these 24 different swings, every pro golfer for the most part will have a close to real life replication of their swing), live tournament feed data, and even more information that hasn't been released (mainly this improved presentation), I'm 100% stoked for this game.

Plus those screenshots of the courses look fantastic.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:14 AM   #18
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Wow, if that are the main changes then this edition is completely underwhelming except I guess for the arcade crowd. What is there to get excited about? LPGA, who the hell cares, 95% of the gamers have little interest in playing the LPGA tour because buyers are overwhelmingly male. Night golf with glow in the dark balls? That's fun for about 20 minutes. A legends mode that will be buggy and arcadey where it will be impossible to finish because the last few objectives you will need to shoot a 52 to beat them. It just sounds like last year's Tiger kiddie mode with old guys instead.

We need a totally revamped career and presentation mode where you actually feel like you are on the PGA tour and not playing against a score sheet. There is no excuse not to have that because its not a next gen limitation. Where you win a tourney and they show highlights afterward and trophy presentations, PGA stats and playoffs and the commentary and crowd actually react differently from the 1st round to the 4th round. Difficulty enhanced where you are not hitting fairways 95% of the time. Scoring updates that make you feel like you're actually competing against other golfers.

I know more info is coming but usually if the revamped presentation, career and online underwent major changes then they would be advertising that right away and not be gushing about glow in the dark balls and terrible story modes that get boring fast.

The devs need to understand that what sells sports games is the feel of realistic immersion and the TW series has failed miserably on that. That's why games like the Show and NBA2k series has been so successful. They make you feel like you are playing a real season with a real team with comprehensive stats overlays, deep commentary and numerous cut scenes that draw you into the game. The vast majority of gamers play because of franchise mode and that's what gives the game replay value.

Agree 100% They sure don't listen to the fans!

Last edited by pokerlife; 01-09-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:20 AM   #19
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
These presentation features are all fine and dandy but what about actual gameplay improvements?

We're headed into this generation's twilight and I hate to say this but this particular series is still taking baby steps.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #20
Rookie

BLB34's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
We need a totally revamped career and presentation mode where you actually feel like you are on the PGA tour and not playing against a score sheet. There is no excuse not to have that because its not a next gen limitation. Where you win a tourney and they show highlights afterward and trophy presentations, PGA stats and playoffs and the commentary and crowd actually react differently from the 1st round to the 4th round. Difficulty enhanced where you are not hitting fairways 95% of the time. Scoring updates that make you feel like you're actually competing against other golfers.

The devs need to understand that what sells sports games is the feel of realistic immersion and the TW series has failed miserably on that. That's why games like the Show and NBA2k series has been so successful. They make you feel like you are playing a real season with a real team with comprehensive stats overlays, deep commentary and numerous cut scenes that draw you into the game. The vast majority of gamers play because of franchise mode and that's what gives the game replay value.
I agree with this view and have all along. Not everyone plays these games for the same reasons, but I really enjoy getting immersed in a deep and rewarding career mode. The Show and NBA2k put a lot of time into those modes, and I'd love to see TW do the same. Of course, good gameplay is a must and I think TW is really close. A few things need to be cleaned up on the swing/putting mechanics, and it really needs to be more difficult (e.g. realistic) to hit fairways, but on the whole the gameplay is pretty good. Hopefully the career mode takes a step forward, but either way I'm looking forward to the release.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6
To be fair, the TW teams likely has 5% of the budget/resources/manpower of NBA 2K series. But it is easier to just picture the devs sitting back in their chairs being "lazy"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #22
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5

unfortunately, TW will never be what some of us hardcore sim gamers want it to be. EA just wont do that with their golf game...and at times I feel like they not only wont do it, but they cant. I will wait until someone else comes along with a game, until then my last copy of TW will do just fine for years to come.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalbeats7
unfortunately, TW will never be what some of us hardcore sim gamers want it to be. EA just wont do that with their golf game...and at times I feel like they not only wont do it, but they cant. I will wait until someone else comes along with a game, until then my last copy of TW will do just fine for years to come.
Lets see how you feel after EA releases information regarding gameplay......
Old 01-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Um is anyone else excited to read different swing styles? I'm sold on this alone, man. Maybe I can use Zach Johnson's or Dustin Johnson's swing style. We know Ricky Fowler's got a great swing as well.

I bet Stack and Tilt guys are hidden

(I know wayyyyy too much about golf swings).

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »