Home

MLB 2K13 Announced with Cover Athlete David Price, Arrives March 5th

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13 Announced with Cover Athlete David Price, Arrives March 5th within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #57
Banned

heater41's Arena

OVR: 10
and NOW we know why Price wasn't an option for cover athlete on The Show!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #58
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
i am holding off on repurchasing 12 and i will buy this game. this is good news.
Same here.

I'm very surprised by this news, for sure. I do think it is a positive for the sports-gaming industry, though, as competition is always a good thing. Hopefully now that 2K doesn't have the exclusive license hanging over its head, it can funnel some of those monies towards game development.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 2K13 Announced with Cover Athlete David Price, Arrives March 5th

good news. i will probably get it
Old 01-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 4

Looks like 2 baseball games for me this year.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Love all the unfounded speculation here... Guys, lets at least wait to kick the crap out of this game until it arrives. We truly don't know what the dev team has done to this game, but I hate this "I'm gonna buy The Show" stuff just because everyone THOUGHT 2K gave up on this game, which clearly they have NOT...
Beat me to it.
Amazing how many insider's we have on these boards. I didn't realize that half the members here work for 2K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamingBlake
Im so mad i spent $150 on a damn ps3 a few months ago cuz i thought it wasn't coming back... guess ill be getting 2 baseball games this year tho...
I hear you. I did the same. It was more because we needed a 2nd BR player and my kids basically took over my Xbox. But it was also because I thought I would be buying The Show 13.
But after playing MLB 12 for a few days, I realized I was going to play 2K12 for another year.
Now I'm considering making the PS3 their main console and I take back my beloved 360.

This year looks to be a great one for me:
State of Decay
New GoW game and now
MLB2K13!!!

Last edited by Money99; 01-09-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #62
Banned

kylefoley94's Arena

OVR: 5

I want to buy into this and believe it but I have searched on Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, and Gamefly and there's no traces of MLB 2K13 being released. The game isn't on any of those sights so I don't know if I'm buying into the hype so I am going to wait until we get closer to the release date and see if it's true, hopefully so, it'd be great to have 13 The Show and 2K13
Old 01-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #63
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Love all the unfounded speculation here... Guys, lets at least wait to kick the crap out of this game until it arrives. We truly don't know what the dev team has done to this game, but I hate this "I'm gonna buy The Show" stuff just because everyone THOUGHT 2K gave up on this game, which clearly they have NOT...
You're right that's it's all speculation, but I would say there is at least reasonable circumstantial evidence that full-bore development on the game has not been ongoing and that at a minimum, it would be surprising if there were major upgrades to the game with it being a 1-year licensing agreement made at a relatively late date for the last year of a console cycle on a product Take Two has openly stated they are not enthusiastic about spending more money on. I agree that we should wait for the final product to say anything definitively about the game, but I don't think it's at all unreasonable to put 2 and 2 together and at a minimum, significantly temper expectations on what to expect...I mean, let's say it was EA announcing in August an NBA Live release this year: would you really expect that game to be awesome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Same here.

I'm very surprised by this news, for sure. I do think it is a positive for the sports-gaming industry, though, as competition is always a good thing. Hopefully now that 2K doesn't have the exclusive license hanging over its head, it can funnel some of those monies towards game development.
I wouldn't hold my breath...cost savings won't be re-allocated to game development. The MLB license has been estimated to be a $30-mil per annum drag on TT's bottom line. All that will happen is they'll stop writing down the losses from MLB license valuation in fiscal 2014.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #64
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm sure it will at least be a little more than a simple roster update. But people need to realize this was probably something that wasn't a sure thing for the developers. I doubt 2k would have VC working on the game without knowing for sure the game would be released. So we have to cut them some slack this year.

And good for MLB wanting to make a deal with 2k. Glad they were smart enough to realize not having a game on the dominant console would be a mistake. I am sure MLB intends to extend this deal into the next-gen as well.

So whether you are a fan of this game or not, this is great for sports gaming. In a genre that's dying, a game came back from the dead. ZOMBIE MLB 2K13!

And please leave the Show out of the thread. Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »