Home

Some MLB 2K13 Features Revealed, First Screenshot Included

This is a discussion on Some MLB 2K13 Features Revealed, First Screenshot Included within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Some MLB 2K13 Features Revealed, First Screenshot Included

GameStop has posted some of the MLB 2K13 features, which are very similar to those seen in MLB 2K12. Let's hope some upcoming Developer Diaries (if there are any) reveal more details.

MLB 2K13 delivers hours of baseball action for any level of sports fan or gamer. Master our signature right analog pitching controls to achieve perfection on the mound, enjoy the authentic baseball environment of MLB Today featuring real life commentary and statistics, and develop winning players and teams in My Player, Franchise & Postseason modes.
  • Total Control Pitching & Hitting - The original analog pitching and hitting controls remain the benchmark. Unmatched control and realism allow you to feel the action on both sides of the plate.
  • My Player - Experience the journey from Minor Leagues to MLB stardom. Choose your path, customize your player and work your way to the top.
  • MLB Today - Take the field in an authentic environment pulled from the real life MLB season. Featuring the latest rosters & lineups, and relevant commentary & stats overlays.
  • MLB Today Season - Play through the full 2013 MLB season, one day at a time. Real results combine with yours, allowing you to compete directly with real life MLB teams.
  • Dynamic Tendencies - Player performance fluctuates dynamically as player ratings update from pitch to pitch and at-bat to at-bat.
  • Inside Edge & Stats Inc. - Strategize for each at-bat with authentic scouting reports and data from Inside Edge & Stats Inc.
  • Franchise - Championship teams are built in the front office, and crowned on the field. Can you master both sides of the ball and build a dynasty?
  • Postseason - Relive the 2012 Postseason, or customize your own bracket and crown a new champion.
  • Home Run Derby - Go head to head with MLB's greatest power hitters in a classic Derby format.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 01-10-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: A Few MLB 2K13 Features and First Screenshot

If this is legit, I already see a issue with the uniform colors with the Tampa Bay Rays already. It's too light blue from the screenshot. As far as features goes, I'm not looking for too much innovation. I just want 2k too fix the glitches that plagued 2k12. If they achieve this and get the uniform colors correct, I'm more than happy.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Some MLB 2K13 Features Revealed, First Screenshot Included

At least they did not list the soundtrack as one of the features this year.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
And no fans above Green Monster.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
Banned

I haven't liked the visual style of this game since 2009. Other than the screenshot, there's really nothin' to comment on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
And no fans above Green Monster.

Yup, which is idiotic
Old 01-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

Considering 2k already has the best pitcher/batter interface plus "stats" (which should be standard in all baseball games but unfortunately isn't), all they really need to do is clean the game up in a few spots and add the new divisional alignment and i'll be more than happy.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
Considering 2k already has the best pitcher/batter interface plus "stats" (which should be standard in all baseball games but unfortunately isn't), all they really need to do is clean the game up in a few spots and add the new divisional alignment and i'll be more than happy.
Yea, it definitely has the best pitcher/batter interface. That's not even up for debate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »