Home

Some MLB 2K13 Features Revealed, First Screenshot Included

This is a discussion on Some MLB 2K13 Features Revealed, First Screenshot Included within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #17
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surg2k
Franchise - Championship teams are built in the front office, and crowned on the field. Can you master both sides of the ball and build a dynasty?

How are we not talking about this tidbit!! This makes me interested in a game I have not been interested in, in a long time! Im curious any speculation??
um because every sports game has had this for years. This is nothing new
Old 01-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Some MLB 2K13 Features Revealed, First Screenshot Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adfletch1971
LOL..good point.

We can talk about the Madden series, MLB the SHOW, NCAA...etc, about roster updates each year and minimal innovation. So it's nothing new, we not looking for perfection here, just the basic fundamentals of the sport and done well. If MLB2k13 is similar too MLB2k12, but the glitches are fixed and uniforms done correctly, I'm fine with it. The game is just fun too play and I enjoy the battles at the plate along with the dynamic ratings. Not too mention the presentation and commentary is top notch, so hopefully they improve on those things the community complained about last year.
Prefer whichever game you want, but don't spout nonsense pretending like all sports games have the same amount of advancement from year to year just so you can feel better about how you spent your $60. If people on this board are going to get bent out of shape when a certain other game is brought up, then you should stop throwing stones at said other game as was done above. Fact: T2 gutted the development budget of this series for years culminating in a glorified roster update last year to anyone who isn't blind.

There is zero evidence right now to support the notion that will change and most likely there won't be any before the game is released. Don't try to mislead those who might come here before the release date looking for guidance and wanting to spend money on a product that had an investment worthy of their dollars. I bought and loved MVP NCAA Baseball '07, so I know all about glorified roster updates.

*note* There was no trolling or talking about the other game in this post. I'm more than willing though to show anyone on this board the truth in the actual other baseball game forum as to which company is actually investing in improving their product and the amount of work accomplished on a year to year basis.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
I follow baseball insanely closely so any baseball game on Xbox I will buy.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 2
As far as the game having "Unmatched control and realism allow you to feel the action on both sides of the plate." ...I'm not real sure about that. The rest of the "features" list to me are not features in my mind, they're bare minimums. Not real excited about this game....this game needs something that sets it apart from The Show and in all the years of following it, it never really has done anything to do that. I don't expect it to start this year. To me it's the token baseball game for XBOX....PS3 users will have a better option no doubt.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 8

MLB 2k12 - New Rosters edition
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #22
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Why don't we all give it a chance for more info to come out first before we call it a roster update, or at least wait for a video.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 01-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #23
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
Why don't we all give it a chance for more info to come out first before we call it a roster update, or at least wait for a video.
This.

And honestly if anyone thinks there will be wholesale improvements then you are kidding yourselves. This game was just as dead to the developers as it was to us until sometime in the fall.

They most likely stopped development as soon as 2k12 wrapped, which was probably early February of last year.

From what is being reported they resumed development for 13 sometime last fall. So we are literally talking about 4-6 moth dev cycle. When a normal cycle is around a year.

Not making excuses, just giving facts.

Now if this series will continue into the next gen consoles then they better step it up.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 13

4-6 months should be plenty of time to release a patched 2k12/new schedule/divisional alignment.

In fact that might be just what the doctor ordered instead of having them wasting time on crappy new features like card games or bat and ball girls or what have you.

If all they concentrated on is gameplay mechanics and what else I mentioned this could well be the best one yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »