Home

Ricky Williams and EA Getting Sued For NFL Street Tattoo

This is a discussion on Ricky Williams and EA Getting Sued For NFL Street Tattoo within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Ricky Williams and EA Getting Sued For NFL Street Tattoo

Stephen Allen, a tattoo artist at Crybabies Tattoo in Shreveport, Louisiana is suing Ricky Williams and EA for a tattoo they used on the NFL Street cover. Stephen claims it is his copyrighted artwork.

NFL Street was released way back in 2004 for the Xbox, PS2 and GameCube, but Mr. Allen wasn't aware of it until 2010.

Back in November of last year, Chris Escobedo, a tattoo artist and owner of Elite Tattoo, filed a lawsuit against THQ for a tattoo on the side of Carlos Condit in UFC Undisputed 3.

Source - New Case: Allen v. EA (Tattoo Art) (Patent Arcade)
Platform: NGC / PS2 / Xbox
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Ricky Williams and EA Getting Sued For NFL Street Tattoo

I don't see a problem with it. I know it's copyrighted, but it's also on Ricky's body.

They could have, I guess, went the WWE route and made it a little different (CM Punk's Pepsi Tattoo, etc).

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 01-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
I'm so glad i'm not pathetic like those tattoo guys. I guess the yankees should get paid everytime Jay-Z wears their hat on stage or tv. lol
Old 01-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
That's like barbers suing athletes for using there hairstyles. Makes no sense.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
Tattoos might be considered art but if you sale it to someone and it is placed on their body it is theirs. These lowlife tattoo artist's lawsuits should be thrown out and they should all be forced to pay high court fees for wasting the courts time. The lawyers that help represent them should be disbarred. This is just getting out of hand.

What is next? Can I sue Operation Sports for allowing someone to quote a comment I posted on their site somewhere else? Of course not because I know that if I post something here it now belongs to OS. These tattoo artist know they are putting these tats on celebrities. They know their "art" is going to be on display.

Come on and start throwing this crap out. This non sense shouldn't even go to trial.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #6
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
No one bought the game because of this tattoo. This "artist's" contribution added nothing to sales.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0
OMG!!!!! This is just why we can't get good video games this day and time, alone with other items,..I sure do hope the courts laugh in the guy face,...All it is bout Money that guy could care less bout the tattoo,.when was that game art made??? And just now crying bout it,..goes to show its bout the money,...hope he has to spend every single dime of that $85 dollar tattoo to fight EAs deep pockets,..what a joke,.his eyes looks like this $=$ is all it is,.I'm pulling for EA all the way on this one, cause I want this crap to stop so EA can give us awesome games with out the worry of someone suing over money
Old 01-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 33
What is the world coming to? Everyone sees a quick buck opportunity or a chance for some cheap publicity. Craziness. Hey buddy just restrict your tattoo work to people's backsides, that way you won't have to worry about it getting into a sports game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »