Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (1-17-13) LeBron James 99 Overall Rating

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (1-17-13) LeBron James 99 Overall Rating within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (1-17-13) LeBron James 99 Overall Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by regGQ
yeah i agree Melo should be upgraded to a 92 at least especially with Wade being 91 despite the completely different seasons they are having.
The last guy who needs an upgrade is Melo...

Quit looking at Overall rating, it means NOTHING. It's the SUM of all the individual ratings. Is this REALLY that difficult for people to understand?

Right now, Melo is the most unstoppable offensive player in 2K...right up there with Durant. What needs to change?

As for D Wade, he's actually having a decent season after a slow start.

I honestly think some of you guys think the OVR ratings should just be higher for whichever player averages the most Points Per Game.

There is also this thing called DEFENSE that gets factored into the OVR rating....and that's why Wade is 1 PT higher than Melo in OVR.

Too funny to see Knicks fans complaining when their team gets more attention than any other team from 2K.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #18
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (1-17-13) LeBron James 99 Overall Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudMouthHoops
The last guy who needs an upgrade is Melo...

Quit looking at Overall rating, it means NOTHING. It's the SUM of all the individual ratings. Is this REALLY that difficult for people to understand?

Right now, Melo is the most unstoppable offensive player in 2K...right up there with Durant. What needs to change?

I honestly think some of you guys think the OVR ratings should just be higher for whichever player averages the most Points Per Game.

There is also this thing called DEFENSE that gets factored into the OVR rating....and that's why Wade is 1 PT higher than Melo in OVR.

Too funny to see Knicks fans complaining when their team gets more attention than any other team from 2K.
Preach it, man. Most of these guys will NEVER understand that defense, rebounding and EVERYTHING else a player does on the court factors into an OVR rating.

To them, because they score a lot of points they need to be rated higher. It's laughable at this point.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #19
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

I noticed that Steve Nash's rating was lowered. I do not know which individual attributes were lowered, so I can not say whether I agree or disagree; I can come up with a couple of conclusions though:

I have mixed feelings on this - his PPG are lower then his career, but his PER (17.25) is not, and his rebounds and assists are at or above his average.

The most troubling thing for me is that this change is based on 14 games played - is this even a large enough sample size to say one way or another that his play has decreased?

Quote:
... I honestly think some of you guys think the OVR ratings should just be higher for whichever player averages the most Points Per Game.
After looking at Nash's revision, this might apply to the Insider as well.

Last edited by Taer; 01-17-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackToLiveAction
Those two (KD & Lebron) were already overpowered and a nusence, to continue to upgrade them is just adding salt to the wound for anybody who has to deal with them. If your gonna upgrade Lebron then at least lower Dwayne Wades stats because we all know that he hasn't been his old self and is playing well below a 91 which is too high. They had no problem lowering Deron Williams for his struggle. On the other hand, they continue to ignore what Melo has been doing this entire Season and have Dwayne Wade rated higher than him which isn't fair. And Earl Clark shouldn't get a boost after just a couple of games but you leave Melo the same for almost two months.
How exactly is Wade playing well below a 91? Wade's old self is way above a 91 so that's irrelevant. If anything Wade should be increased to a 93. I don't know exactly what you're watching or what stats you've considered. Wade's 3pt at 66 is too low when he's shooting 36% (small sample size though), I believe a 71 or 72 would be adequate. His consistency at 70 is also way too low at 70 when he shoots 50.4%. Guys like Westbrook 42.1%, Michael Beasley (38.15) and Monta Ellis (39.8%) have an 80 consistency which is ridiculous. And don't tell me maintaining a shooting streak or getting out of a shooting slump isn't linked with field goal %. Those 2 attributes, it's undeniable that Wade deserves an increase. Further, Wade is shooting 44% from close range which should correspond with an 89 to 90 (or slightly higher) from close range for Wade when Kobe is shooting 42% and has a 92 from close range.

Now, Wade is rated better than Melo because he's a better all-around player, he's much more effective on defense while still being elite on offense. Melo is better on offense, but is only solid on defense. What exactly would you increase to raise Melo's rating above Wade's?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by regGQ
yeah i agree Melo should be upgraded to a 92 at least especially with Wade being 91 despite the completely different seasons they are having.
They're having completely different seasons because of their respective roles. Wade is the sidekick to Lebron's alpha male, while Melo is the alpha male on his team. As a result Wade only shoots 14.8 times a game while Melo shoots 21.8 times a game. Further Melo plays 37 min a game while Wade plays 33. Wade is a better all-around player than Melo hence the higher rating. Melo is having a better offensive season than Wade and he's already better than Wade on offense, so what else needs to be increased?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #22
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by firerises
... Melo is having a better offensive season than Wade and he's already better than Wade on offense, so what else needs to be increased?
His Trash talking ability.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:

Exactly. People see Wade averaging 19.9 points per game and suddenly he's playing well below a 91 without accounting for his defense and efficiency on offense. He's only scoring that amount because his role has changed. Wade is no longer in the 1A, 1B situation as in the first year of the big 3. He's now the de facto sidekick, robin, etc, etc. He only shoots 14.8 times a game while playing 33 min. It's well within reason that his points per game are gonna be lower given the circumstances.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #24
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Anyone notice anybody with different assigned shoes? I know John Wall has adidas in the game now. Wondering if anyone else got changed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »