Home

MLB 13 The Show Video Interview with Ramone Russell (GamerHubVideo)

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video Interview with Ramone Russell (GamerHubVideo) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #9
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5
Anyone else catch the Russell saying they have a new agreement this year that gives them full access to pitchFX data? That could be big in terms of giving pitchers their accurate pitch repitoire. Just hope someone knows how to interpret the data lol
Old 01-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #10
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video Interview with Ramone Russell (GamerHubVideo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
Anyone else catch the Russell saying they have a new agreement this year that gives them full access to pitchFX data? That could be big in terms of giving pitchers their accurate pitch repitoire. Just hope someone knows how to interpret the data lol
I just talked to Nomo and he said they are affiliated with MLB.com this year so they will be using the f/x data, but the method of input will still be plug and chug so all of the quirks that the current f/x system still has will be present in the Show as well... This is still a massive upgrade over the previous system though, big step in the right direction.

I still plan on doing pitch edits for OSFM, maybe this will expedite the process by a fair amount (last year it took ~1 month)...

Last edited by seanjeezy; 01-23-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #11
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5
It is a huge step in the right direction. Maybe we'll see an end to the 3 pitch minimum once they see that there's a number of relievers who rely on only 2 pitches. That always drove me nuts when I would edit my pitchers and have to conjure up some phantom pitch for their third pitch. I'm wondering if they'll know how to interpret the data enough to differentiate a slider from a slurve for example. Or how to tell a curveball from a 12-6 or a sweeping curve. Guess we'll see come March.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #12
Legend

KHarmo88's Arena

OVR: 55

Did anyone notice Russell Martin had a cyber face? Why? I know he's now for the Pirates but no real picture?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #13
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarmo88
Did anyone notice Russell Martin had a cyber face? Why? I know he's now for the Pirates but no real picture?
They probably ran out of time to change his hat.

I wouldn't be surprised to see custom rosters and people making everyone having digital pictures.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #14
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarmo88
its probably an old build. im sure when the game ships he will have his real face and a pirate hat on.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:51 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 24

You think they were zoomed in on Russell's face close enough?
When he said "Nothing gets you closer" he wasn't kidding. I could practically see his earwax.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #16
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat
They probably ran out of time to change his hat.

I wouldn't be surprised to see custom rosters and people making everyone having digital pictures.
From what we've heard from the CD guys I think that every player will have a normal picture (if its already in the game) id they are EVER on their original team. So if a player is traded, then traded back to that original team they'll get they're real photo back. I was hoping there would be a way to get all cyberfaces, maybe there is, but from what was posted it seemed like real photos will always be there if they are on the original teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »