Home

MLB 13 The Show Video Q&A with Ramone Russell (Some Gameplay Included)

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video Q&A with Ramone Russell (Some Gameplay Included) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: MLB 13 The Show Preview - N4G.com (Q&A With Ramone Russell)

Great to see Max fight his way out of that jam with the DP

Some nice footage there, very organic and smooth.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Peralta's AB around the 5:08 mark was nice to see. He hooks a pitch that's down and in. The left fielder caught the ball in stride. In MLB12TS Blanco would have tracked that ball down too easily and his animation would have slowed way down. Physics 2.0 look nice.

Also, at the 1:25 mark, Pagan hits one down the third base line and the animation of the Cabrera (I assume) looked nice. I feel like last year this would have gone into the "give up" animation that was very common among corner infielders. I'm really hoping corner infield play has been cleaned up. Granted, I do like the idea of the timing window for a dive or the ability to get to a ball at either of these positions being small, but last year it seemed almost impossible to make a play like that, even with plus defenders at the position.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #11
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

This is the same dude that interviewed Hunter Pence in this vid....

http://youtu.be/WiLoSArsa3A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #12
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Have barely watched one minute of the video and that hit by Pagan is awesome. A slow chopper (didn't bounce to high) right up the middle for a base hit. Last year that ball probably would have bounced over the pitchers head and not over his glove. Those are the hits that were lacking in this game. Coupling this with the bloops and we may just see any kind of hit happen. I'm really excited for that.
It was mentioned in one of the CD threads that there are less balls hitting the pitcher, but it can still happen. I wonder it has to do with the new physics or that they let the ball clip through the pitcher or something.

I didn't like seeing that same glove swing animation as last year. The pitchers do it too often in the game as they do it sometimes when the ball is already well past them or over their head. It looked plausible for the Pagan hit, but it isn't for a lot of other balls hit. But if the balls of the pitcher is way way less than last year that is good enough.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #13
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Have barely watched one minute of the video and that hit by Pagan is awesome. A slow chopper (didn't bounce to high) right up the middle for a base hit. Last year that ball probably would have bounced over the pitchers head and not over his glove. Those are the hits that were lacking in this game. Coupling this with the bloops and we may just see any kind of hit happen. I'm really excited for that.
I liked the replay from the CF camera. That was sweet and Pagan looks SICK! They did a great job on him.
The other cut scenes are great!

Last edited by Curahee; 01-28-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #14
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Ughh, they still have the barehand SS animation on double plays. Why is that still there? How often to players actuall try that play from such a far toss/throw from the 2B? It seemed like half of the double plays I saw last year were that barehand style. Just looks odd.

Another thing I noticed that sort of made me sad was when it was in demo mode the MPH didn't show up on the scorebug. Assuming that was because the pitch callout was off since noone was playing. In the gameplay it did, but that was with pitch callout on. I can't remember if it was ever confirmed if the MPH would show up on the scorebug if pitch callout is off. It was asked about a lot, I just cant find the answer now if it was answered.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 01-28-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #15
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

I hope the animation where the third baseman n first baseman try make the ball stay foul n they swipe at it with there gloves is gone that animation looks downright ugly n is not very realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #16
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Ughh, they still have the barehand SS animation on double plays. Why is that still there? How often to players actuall try that play from such a far toss/throw from the 2B? It seemed like half of the double plays I saw last year were that barehand style. Just looks odd.

Another thing I noticed that sort of made me sad was when it was in demo mode the MPH didn't show up on the scorebug. Assuming that was because the pitch callout was off since noone was playing. In the gameplay it did, but that was with pitch callout on. I can't remember if it was ever confirmed if the MPH would show up on the scorebug if pitch callout is off. It was asked about a lot, I just cant find the answer now if it was answered.
There are over 60k animations in the game. In this instance we left it in there just so you would get upset over it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »