Home

Nice Kicks Mentions Something Major Coming For NBA 2K14

This is a discussion on Nice Kicks Mentions Something Major Coming For NBA 2K14 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Nice Kicks Mentions Something Major Coming For NBA 2K14

If Legends are gonna be in 2K14, I hope we get more than mostly Nikes. Don't get me wrong, Nike is my favorite company and Jordans are my favorite shoe, but I'd LOVE to see some Reebok Pumps to put on players like Dominique Wilkins, Doc Rivers, Danny Ainge, etc. just like they wore back in the 90s.

Make it happen, 2K.

- Michael Jordan
Old 01-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #18
Pro

ecovyoudug's Arena

OVR: 3

This is music to my ears
- Philadephia 76ers
- Los Angeles Rams
Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

More adidas, reebook, peak, under armour, and le cog sportif.
If they continue the Legends well more classics from the 70s thru 90s. Classics could even get its own catagory within each brand.

When im messing with my roster im usually looking to match what players are actaully wearing. I dont really need Barkleys taking up space next to current kicks. Id like to just scroll thru classics lumped together somewhere else. Not mixed in w/ Hyperfuses or Kobe 8s.

Please eliminate the unrealistic boosts.

I hope Nice Kicks collabo doesnt mean Air Jeezy and other fashion kicks that u dont see on players feet. Dont waste the slot space on casual joints.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
We all know how the last kind of insider turned out...I mean additional content is always nice, and maybe 2k provides a well planned and executed feature. On the other hand, is there any good reason for removing the shoe edit options in the first place?
So I want to be optimistic...but I just cant see what 3rd party branding can contribute to overall game quality. But its too early to judge of course, maybe the whole thing is going to be great.

Another speculation...maybe it is simply another kind of product placement. I mean we already have Footlocker,NikeID,Sprite and JayZ. So in the end it could be some kind of online shop integration or earning credit points for ordering some fancy signature shoe. Or even worse, you could earn VC by ordering something from Footlocker or Nice Kicks...

So maybe this feature will be amazing, but I dont like the direction with this. Why not cooperate with Synergy Sports or Hoopdata instead?
I like to be logical (and sometimes naively so) so my thought as to why the "edit player" shoe edit options were removed was maybe because the shoe's graphical upgrades alongside each shoe's vastly deepened customization features took up more space and memory than ever before. As such, perhaps the game could not handle such widespread, player by player customization (hence even the overall custom shoe limits).

In terms of product placement, I hope it's not something superficial like the Jay-Z inclusion. If 2K's reaching out to third parties, I'd hope it'd be to refine something specifically about the game, not to create a feature to cater to whom they're reaching out. Accurate shoe updates? Yes, that's be cool, because it directly relates to the NBA. But something involving Virtual Currency, downloading, ordering, and/or cyber upgrading and auto-saving? I would stay far, far away.

Last edited by VDusen04; 01-29-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #21
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20

It's gonna be Nice Kicks helping with Current + Historic Shoes most likely. Cause they are a site that lives off shoes. They will probably take a "Shoe Division" Role and manage the kicks in the NBA that are being worn/kicks that are very popular that aren't in the game. (Answer IV, PUMPS, Puma Clydes, Shaq Reeboks, adidas Superstars, adiZero Ghost 2/3, etc.) I also hope they expand on the Creator with ideas like, Placement, Size, and stuff I will come up with once the #NBA2K14 rumors start coming out. One more thing, I hope they also expand the editable things in the in-box shoes, (Air Jordan VII, VII, Kobe 8, etc.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 6

I'm hopeful it has something to do with the main "shoe" issue the past few years - actually making it possible to set a certain shoe as the shoe that player wears for home games, and then set a completely different shoe/color combo for that player's away games. The current system is a complete mess.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0
Shoes have really developed over the past couple of years in the 2K series of NBA. While I like the addition of Nike ID and all the other features in shoe customization, I would really like to see that kind of customization in the actual creation of your MyPlayer... For 4-5 years, 2K has had the same weak hair, skin, and tattoo customization, and it's really disappointing...
Old 01-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #24
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Shoes with jetpacks in it to fly over zones defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »