Home

MLB 13 The Show Preview (Polygon)

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Preview (Polygon) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #9
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 13 The Show Preview (Polygon)

Never been into online gaming in the Show, but the new pitcher fatigue system sounds really awesome. I might have to get some games in this year.

Also, glad to hear the commentators will be talking about more than just play-by-play in post season mode. I guess that just leaves the question does that mean all 162 games of the regular season the commentators are just focusing on play-by-play? Or will they be weaving stories in then too? Either way, day 1 purchase of course. It's interesting that all of the things I care about them fixing are so minuscule that it won't have any effect on whether or not I buy the game. At this point, all I need is a demo. Or some captured footage in game to hold me over til March.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 01-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #10
Pro

Yankees2009Champs's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingleberryfinn
Glad to see you can fill out yer playoff bracket any way you want.
Want 10 A.L. teams? Do it!

Also, now you can upload an entire team to the Vault at one time?
Sweet!
What I would like to know is whether you can upload players during a Franchise.
"Undaunted, I knew the game was mine to win. Just like in life, ALL of my successes depend on me. I'm the man who has the ball, I'm the man who can throw it faster than heck. So that is why I am better than everyone in the world."

Legendary pitcher Kenny Powers
Old 01-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #11
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees2009Champs
What I would like to know is whether you can upload players during a Franchise.
Into existing franchise?..no...

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #12
Rookie

dunkyboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Having read the article I'm not sure I understand. Will it be possible to play in the playoffs as my diamond dynasty team or is it just a case of I can import my DD players into one of the pre-existing teams? I'll be really disappointed if that's the case...
Old 01-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkyboy
Having read the article I'm not sure I understand. Will it be possible to play in the playoffs as my diamond dynasty team or is it just a case of I can import my DD players into one of the pre-existing teams? I'll be really disappointed if that's the case...
Sorry if it wasn't clear — you can't use the logos/uniforms/name of your DD team in Postseason. You'll have to recreate your DD team's players on one of the 30 real MLB clubs. (I don't think it's even possible to import the roster from DD; you'd actually have to create them in a custom roster from scratch, as far as I understand it.)

@SamitSarkar
Old 01-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #14
Pro

magoo1967's Arena

OVR: 17

I love the idea of "The Show Live". I just wish you could play through it like a regular season while still using the line-ups and rosters that were active on that day. This is pretty much what I try to do every year when I play The Show anyway. Keeping my rosters up to date throughout the real season (for the most part) and using the actual lineups from the real games on any given date. I only do this for the two teams in the games that I actually play, but even that takes a ton of work. Playing through a season this way adds an extra level of realism to me that I very much enjoy.

"The Show Live" seems to capture that exact concept, but why not just let the real life results count for the games that I don't actually play? This way only my gameplay history has an effect on the outcome of the actual MLB season (or is this already what 2K's "MLB Today" feature is? I honestly have no idea.) This would be an AMAZING addition (for me at least) that would add tons of realism while saving countless hours of set-up time (more time for playing baseball!)

Does anyone know if the developers have hinted that this is the direction that "The Show Live" might be heading in years to come?

The stuff about post season mode and some of the steps taken to make online a more balanced experience sound awesome too. It came late this year, but I'm feeling "The Show" fever coming on strong now.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #15
Rookie

dunkyboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamitSarkar
Sorry if it wasn't clear — you can't use the logos/uniforms/name of your DD team in Postseason. You'll have to recreate your DD team's players on one of the 30 real MLB clubs. (I don't think it's even possible to import the roster from DD; you'd actually have to create them in a custom roster from scratch, as far as I understand it.)
Aw man that's weak. It seems a really glaring oversight. Surely I can't be the only one who would love to take a user created team to the World Series. Most other sports games have an option for something similar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 46

I wonder if the postseason commentary regarding catching up on what the players did in the series thus far, etc. etc. will be in franchise as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »