Home

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Kicks off the 2013 Season with Sixth Generation Car DLC

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Kicks off the 2013 Season with Sixth Generation Car DLC within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Kicks off the 2013 Season with Sixth Generation Car DLC

As NASCAR prepares to debut its new line of stock cars for the 2013 season, Eutechnyx and Activision today announced new downloadable content (DLC) that gives players the opportunity to drive the Gen 6 cars in NASCAR The Game: Inside Line (view all the screenshots here). The NASCAR Gen 6 cars bring the brand new Chevrolet SS, Ford Fusion and Toyota Camry models into the game for the first time. The Sixth Generation NASCAR Sprint Cup Series models break new ground as they now accurately resemble each manufacturer’s showroom models like never before – and they’ll hit home game consoles just as they hit the asphalt.

The NASCAR Gen 6 cars further Eutechnyx and Activision’s shared commitment to continue to deliver an unparalleled NASCAR experience. Players will be able to put these new cars through their paces online and in selected single player modes, as well as with the upcoming Inside Line Highlights (sold separately), a series of in-game DLC packs that utilize telemetry data from actual NASCAR races to let players relive and rewrite race events just as they unfold for real.

The NASCAR Gen 6 cars will be available on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 later in February and can be purchased using the in-game Ticket currency or as part of the Inside Line Highlights Pack.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

Damn...bummer about not being able to use the Gen 6 for season or career. Career I could sort of understand, but not season mode?

Thank you for the info and pics, Bob.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 01-31-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

Their decisions in this game are baffling to me. That's all I'll say.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Yeah - I am really perplexed at the decision not to allow these cars in season or career mode. If they are not releasing a game for the upcoming season, then who thought it would be a good idea to only allow the Gen 6 cars to be used in only a few selected single player game modes and online only.

I sincerely hope they make the wise and correct decision to make them available in all modes, including season and career. If the do not, probably not even worth a purchase...from my point of view at least.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #5
HAMBURGLAR

edwing's Arena

OVR: 5

Damn, this game just gets more and more disappointing (PS3 patch?). I was having a lot of fun online when it worked, but now I'm probably going to trade it in while it still holds some value.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamaballa
Damn, this game just gets more and more disappointing (PS3 patch?). I was having a lot of fun online when it worked, but now I'm probably going to trade it in while it still holds some value.
I am going to try and find out if this is accurate or not, or if they are willing to change the fact and let us use the Gen 6 in season/career mode. I might take me until tomorrow though -
Old 01-31-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I am going to try and find out if this is accurate or not, or if they are willing to change the fact and let us use the Gen 6 in season/career mode. I might take me until tomorrow though -
My hope is that there will be a patch/download in a couple of months for a '2013 Season' featuring the Gen 6 roster, like they did for the previous game.

I do not see Career mode happening for Gen 6 but that would be sweet if you could.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 01-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #8
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
My hope is that there will be a patch/download in a couple of months for a '2013 Season' featuring the Gen 6 roster, like they did for the previous game.

I do not see Career mode happening for Gen 6 but that would be sweet if you could.
I just sent an email over to Dave, but seeing that they are 5 hours ahead - may not get an answer until tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »