Home

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Kicks off the 2013 Season with Sixth Generation Car DLC

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Kicks off the 2013 Season with Sixth Generation Car DLC within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2013, 05:04 AM   #9
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

I like the new game, but as a day 1 purchaser of NASCAR 2011 and having suffered through the promises and the patch that took a lifetime to release, it just seems these guys are a bit over their head when it comes to supporting a game at the level that should be expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
Their decisions in this game are baffling to me. That's all I'll say.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #10
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Patch Expected Later This Month, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Yeah - I am really perplexed at the decision not to allow these cars in season or career mode. If they are not releasing a game for the upcoming season, then who thought it would be a good idea to only allow the Gen 6 cars to be used in only a few selected single player game modes and online only.

I sincerely hope they make the wise and correct decision to make them available in all modes, including season and career. If the do not, probably not even worth a purchase...from my point of view at least.
Exactly. Almost makes the DLC worthless if you can't use it in career, or at least season mode. It's rare that I fire up this game and just play a single race somewhere. Im almost always in career, or season.

Really can't understand what they are thinking over there.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #11
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Kicks off the 2013 Season with Sixth Generation Car

OK - Dave got back to me, and said this -

"the Gen 6 Paint Scheme update was always meant to be just that and not a season update like we did in 2011. In NTG2011, the game was released with 2010 cars so it seemed fair to update the whole game. The Career mode was also just 1 season which meant having to restart your career because of the new tracks and an updated driver roster meant the penalty was less. With NTG:IL the Career mode is endless so we didn’t want to force people to have to lose their progress"

So they will not be available for season or career. They at least let everyone know this upfront, and not after you bought it. Like it or not, agree with it or not - bottom-line you know what your getting if you decide to purchase the DLC with real money or digital tickets in-game.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 02-01-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #12
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line Kicks off the 2013 Season with Sixth Generation Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS

So they will not be available for season or career. They at least let everyone know this upfront, and not after you bought it. Like it or not, agree with it or not - bottom-line you know what your getting if you decide to purchase the DLC with real money or digital tickets in-game.
Okay, thanks for clearing that up, Bob.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 02-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #13
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Happy to do it. Dave is always around to answer questions and is a pretty straight shooter. There is more to it, but we will not get into that here.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 02-01-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #14
Rookie

EJQJ99's Arena

OVR: 3
Ok so career mode makes sense because of the endlessness of it but not being able to use them in season is still just strange because that does end. Another question will we able to paint booth gen 6 cars?
Old 02-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #15
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJQJ99
Ok so career mode makes sense because of the endlessness of it but not being able to use them in season is still just strange because that does end. Another question will we able to paint booth gen 6 cars?
I will clue you in tonight on Xbox live good Sir!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Completely idiotic excuse. Maybe people will buy after the Daytona 500 and begin their careers then... I haven't started a career yet because I was waiting on the DLC. I can't believe they're using the excuse they didn't want people to have to restart their career.

That is a lazy excuse... even more so to not allow the cars in a season more.

MAN LAZY!!!!!!!! So I get to use last years paint schemes, last years cars... I can buy THIS years paint schemes and cars... but I can't use them.

Whatever game director or project manager that made this decision needs to get fired. Idiots

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »