Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Adds a Fifth Difficulty Setting - Simulation

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Adds a Fifth Difficulty Setting - Simulation within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2013, 05:18 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Adds a Fifth Difficulty Setting - Simulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
WOHHOOOOO!!!! Now, any word on AI scoring? TW14 could be the true simulation golf game we have all been waiting for!
My understanding from the Sr. Producer for TW14 is the AI has been tweaked to be more realistic and the Random conditions have been tweaked to be more realistic to the conditions that the course should experience for the time of year being played.....
Old 02-03-2013, 06:59 AM   #18
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm really excited about this new Simulation difficulty setting. I'd love to have a console golf game that made me feel like I'd accomplished something to break par, miss at least 40% of the fairways and greens, and have to do some extra work to shape a shot. This might be it! I'm still not a gridless green convert, but I'm on a journey to become one.

I need a few more tools and angles to make it work to the extent that I don't feel like I'm missing putts because there are voids in the slope information that I would have in real life. Then again, I don't want to have to plod along like a civil surveyor to assess the slope. No-bead grids might turn out to be a workable compromise, but then I won't be playing pure Simulation difficulty.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
My understanding from the Sr. Producer for TW14 is the AI has been tweaked to be more realistic and the Random conditions have been tweaked to be more realistic to the conditions that the course should experience for the time of year being played.....
And to add to that, one of the devs mentioned that if there is poor weather in the random mode then the AI scores will reflect that rather than having them shoot -6 in driving wind and rain.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #20
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I'm really excited about this new Simulation difficulty setting. I'd love to have a console golf game that made me feel like I'd accomplished something to break par, miss at least 40% of the fairways and greens, and have to do some extra work to shape a shot. This might be it! I'm still not a gridless green convert, but I'm on a journey to become one.

I need a few more tools and angles to make it work to the extent that I don't feel like I'm missing putts because there are voids in the slope information that I would have in real life. Then again, I don't want to have to plod along like a civil surveyor to assess the slope. No-bead grids might turn out to be a workable compromise, but then I won't be playing pure Simulation difficulty.
Handsward actually commented on the No green Grid issue.... He said there will be some tool to help read the break around the holes... If it works, we may have a winner.... I liked no green grid on long putts, but then you would miss the 2 footer after the spectacular lag putt...
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
Old 02-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #21
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
You are not going to see too many of the individual golfer's actual swings until we get new consoles with more video ram. EA is coming up against a number of video ram-related issues with the current consoles. If they had more than 512 MB of VRAM, the game, golfers, environment would be far more realistic.

Sounds like a Cop-Out. NBA2k13 has mass amounts of custom animations in the game for hundreds of payers, and your telling me that EA cant get, what, 30 individual golf swings in the game?

Thats ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
Handsward actually commented on the No green Grid issue.... He said there will be some tool to help read the break around the holes... If it works, we may have a winner.... I liked no green grid on long putts, but then you would miss the 2 footer after the spectacular lag putt...
I've been playing without a green grid since tiger 11 and didn't feel there were any issues reading the greens last year. '11 was bad because of the limited camera angles but they've gotten better. Last year, '13, could have used the ability to zoom in down the line to look at putts more closely, but generally speaking I didn't much issue reading the contours of the green.

I took more issue with some of the pin placements than anything, really.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #23
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj24
I've been playing without a green grid since tiger 11 and didn't feel there were any issues reading the greens last year. '11 was bad because of the limited camera angles but they've gotten better. Last year, '13, could have used the ability to zoom in down the line to look at putts more closely, but generally speaking I didn't much issue reading the contours of the green.

I took more issue with some of the pin placements than anything, really.
For me.... it was a patience thing... I did not want to spend 30 secs getting on the green and 3 min... trying to read putts... I could do it, but man did it take the fun out of it.
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
Old 02-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
For me.... it was a patience thing... I did not want to spend 30 secs getting on the green and 3 min... trying to read putts... I could do it, but man did it take the fun out of it.
Agree on this. I played a few online tourneys with no grids and it just took way too long to properly assess the slope and slowed the game to a crawl. Unless they made gridless greens very intuitive to read with a new camera angle then gridless greens are low on my list of sim priorities. No beads is fine with me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »