Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Removes Course Mastery System, Will Use Traditional DLC

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Removes Course Mastery System, Will Use Traditional DLC within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Removes Course Mastery System, Will Use Traditional DLC

According to IGN and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 director Mike DeVault, a more traditional DLC will be offered this year, replacing the Course Mastery system some users complained about last year.

Quote:
A bitter criticism leveled at last year’s Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 was its disgraceful use of gougy content-walls poorly disguised as free-DLC upgrades. Players were required to grind in order to access courses...or take the option of paying EA for this content.

This year, the new Tiger Woods game will return to a saner system of DLC, offering players the simple option to buy extra courses, or not.

Speaking at an EA-organized event at the Pebble Beach golf resort yesterday, franchise director Mike DeVault told IGN, “We’ve taken that [Course Mastery] system out and are using a more traditional DLC approach.” He said the game would come with 20 courses as standard - up from 16 last year - with extra courses available to buy.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Removes Course Mastery System, Will Use Traditional DLC

Mixed feelings on this one.... not sure why allowing people to earn the DLC vs purchasing it was all that bad... Now... I have to buy it or not have it at all.... Explain to me why that is better again?
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
Old 02-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
Mixed feelings on this one.... not sure why allowing people to earn the DLC vs purchasing it was all that bad... Now... I have to buy it or not have it at all.... Explain to me why that is better again?
I agree, I never saw the problem.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #4
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Removes Course Mastery System, Will Use Traditional DLC

This ready makes me upset. You had an option last year if you didn't want to have to pay for the courses. It was a grind, but it was doable if you played long enough. There was a course or two that I wanted as soon as I got the game, so I bought them. The rest I earned from gameplay. Just an overreaction from the Tiger Crew IMHO. I don't get what hurts everyone else buy letting some of us play to unlock courses.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 02-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

This is a complaint that was lost on me as well, Guru :? You have a choice, grind it out and earn them, or pay for them - how can it be broken down any simpler than that!?

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 02-06-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

What seems even worse is that the article was leaning toward EA being benevolent in taking it away.... Like they were the good guys on it... From my standpoint... they took it out because they made more money in 12 when it was pay or no play. Why does the sky not look blue to some people?
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
Old 02-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #7
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

"A bitter criticism leveled at last year’s Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 was its disgraceful use of gougy content-walls poorly disguised as free-DLC upgrades. Players were required to grind in order to access courses...or take the option of paying EA for this content.

This year, the new Tiger Woods game will return to a saner system of DLC, offering players the simple option to buy extra courses, or not."

"SANER?" What freaking planet is this guy on? He over used words to try to sound "edumacated" and in essence his point makes zero sense...
Old 02-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #8
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

So now we just get gougy content-walls....no disguise

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »