Home

MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #17
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: How we've changed the player ratings algorithm

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy

So theoretically I can give an 18 year old an A potential and If I set his overall low enough, there's a good chance he doesn't reach his ceiling if I don't train him properly?
Pretty much his potential could also randomly change as well.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

How do the player ratings affect player value, as far as trade value goes?

For example, you have Kimbrel as a 99 closer. Relative to other relief pitchers, this rating is probably fair. However, a 99 closer isn't worth anywhere near as much as an 80 Starter (in real life). So, do the player ratings scale with team need?

Hopefully my questions make sense.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #19
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Seriously, I know what team most of the online people will be running to immediately!
For once it isn't the Yankees, such a shame! Lol
Old 02-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hey Russell,

Are you guys changing the rating system to reflect these numbers in game or is it still going to be by the "bar" ratings from previous games? (In this case, I'd assume a '99' would be a full orange bar)
Old 02-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #21
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44
Love the new rating system and the fact that we use a number system instead of a red bar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #22
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

That's a neat little addition they did.

So does it make sense to think basic attributes could be weighted a bit like this ?

C = Fielding +, Arm ++, Contact ++, Power +
1B = Fielding --, Power ++,Contact +
2B = Power - , Fielding +, Contact ++,Speed +
3B = Power +, Fielding +,Contact -, Speed --
SS = Fielding ++, Arm ++, Power --, Speed +
LF = Contact +, Power +, Speed -, Arm -
CF = Speed ++, Contact +, Power +, Arm ++
RF = Speed -, Power +, Arm +, Contact +
Old 02-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2
Horrible ratings, just horrible. Great to have numbers, but cmon the only guy who should be sporting the 99ovr as a hitter should be Cabrera, I could understand maybe a couple of guys being 99ovr, but 20 some guys sporting a 97-99ovr rating? Baseball doesn't have that many great players.

Its like Madden. 99ovr goes to Brady and Manning. Or did. They don't give 99ovr to Manning, Brady, Peterson, Rodgers, Eli, Reed, Lewis, Jpp, Suh, Johnson, Stafford, Brees, Gore, MJD ect... 17 99ovr players is way to many.

But let me guess created players in RTTS start around 55ovr and take forever and then some just to get a decent rating, yet Trout in his 2nd season in the MLB will be 99ovr, I highly doubt no matter what we'll be able to get a RTTS player at 99ovr as quickly as Trout at only 21 years old. So that would be your 3rd season in RTTS, highly doubt anything close to 99ovr will be possible. Not all things are perfect with this as much as fanboys praise MLB the Show. Great game, but bad ratings.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #24
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynkraid
Horrible ratings, just horrible. Great to have numbers, but cmon the only guy who should be sporting the 99ovr as a hitter should be Cabrera, I could understand maybe a couple of guys being 99ovr, but 20 some guys sporting a 97-99ovr rating? Baseball doesn't have that many great players.

Its like Madden. 99ovr goes to Brady and Manning. Or did. They don't give 99ovr to Manning, Brady, Peterson, Rodgers, Eli, Reed, Lewis, Jpp, Suh, Johnson, Stafford, Brees, Gore, MJD ect... 17 99ovr players is way to many.

But let me guess created players in RTTS start around 55ovr and take forever and then some just to get a decent rating, yet Trout in his 2nd season in the MLB will be 99ovr, I highly doubt no matter what we'll be able to get a RTTS player at 99ovr as quickly as Trout at only 21 years old. So that would be your 3rd season in RTTS, highly doubt anything close to 99ovr will be possible. Not all things are perfect with this as much as fanboys praise MLB the Show. Great game, but bad ratings.
lol go in and edit as you see fit problem solved. You can join my fantasy baseball team while you at it and see if you can get Trout in the 5th round

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »