Home

MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #137
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Lol yeah, that too.

So speed doesn't regress at all? It's pretty common for a player to lose speed the second he's introduced to a professional strength and conditioning plan, especially if the player plays an offensive-minded position. It would be a nice touch if something like this was incorporated into the game...
Speed does regress....but not until regressions starts
(that sounds weird doesn't it?)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #138
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

This thread is pretty much a microcosm of why you will never please everyone no matter what you do. No matter what the dev team does, someone will always have something to complain about. Just a shame really.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #139
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Speed does regress....but not until regressions starts
(that sounds weird doesn't it?)

M.K.
Knight165
Eh, I can live with that... I remember you saying it doesn't increase as much as other attributes right? So anyway, how 'bout those ratings charts?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #140
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
I love seeing Altuve rated 90 ... Russell, besides you and me, i think we are the only Stros fans on the planet - and I live here in H. lol. (I do wonder how in the world he's rated 90 though )

I don't think Ramone's a 'stros fan, so you are alone in the world LOL. Oh wait, Lorne_SCEA is an Astros fan so OK, there are 2 of you.

I'm actually impartial to the Astros, and go to a good handful of their games, I accidentally rooted for them at least two times. My wife works for the Astros organization too, so they get some sympathy cheers. All jokes aside, the 'stros are OK with me too.

As for Altuve (and ratings in general) I wouldn't get too caught up in the OVR ratings, because of the way the algorithm is calculated. I can tell you that even not all the 99s play the same. Trout's 99 plays way differently than Posey's 99 or even Pujols' 99... actually Trout plays like he's at least a 115 rating!

YouTube

Old 02-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #141
MVP

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030
I'm not a fan of a lot of 99s. I guess since there are less, I can't complain too much.
I agree. The fewer the better. If 99 is the max rating, then how can this be put in a bigger context - What is Babe Ruth? Hank Aaron? Ted Williams? I would like to see better seperation between the overall ratings. I don't know that there is a single player now who deserves a max rating. Just lower the floor, then lower the 99s proportionately. Being a 99 should mean this guy is an all-time great, certain Hall of Famer. That rating should be special, something we rarely see. Heck, the best of the best active now probably shouldn't be over 95, and definately not 17 of them. Just my 2 cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #142
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Ok, yes we represent maybe 5% of the sales for this game, so that means we aren't allowed to post any ideas or suggestions to the dev team?...
What ? When did I say that ? When did I even hint towards that ??

Some of you guys are weird.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #143
MVP

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
You guys won't have to edit players.

Don't get hung up on the OVR rating(Dear Lord why did they listen to the masses on this one?).....it doesn't indicate that a player is necessarily a 99 in even one attribute...just that the sum of his parts at this position makes him elite at that time.

M.K.
Knight165
I disagree. There is nothing wrong with an overall rating. It just needs to be balanced in the context of the baseball universe. Willie Mays, Babe Ruth and Ted Williams, maybe, deserve a 99. Run today's players by that standard and I think we quickly remove the problem (and we no longer have 17 players at 99).
Old 02-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #144
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
I love seeing Altuve rated 90 ... Russell, besides you and me, i think we are the only Stros fans on the planet - and I live here in H. lol. (I do wonder how in the world he's rated 90 though )
Nope!!!

Astros/Baseball is my fave, so you aren't alone in the H, sir. I know we might finish last, but I don't care. I can't wait for 3/31 (and 3/5, too!).
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »