Home

MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #161
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I would like to add one thing concerning my comments.

I am of course speaking about REPRESENTING ratings in the show.....(ON SCREEN)
I fully understand that under the hood there must be a number to drive the game engines.

M.K.
Knight165
show/hide option like OSDK OOTP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #162
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 13 The Show - The Player Ratings Algorithm Has Changed, 17 Players Rated 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I have to agree that it takes a lot away from the game when you think about it too hard, which a lot of people on here do.

A thing I and I think a lot of others want is more variability. More differentiation between players. SCEA is going in this direction with the push/pull system. I hope it goes further in the future. I don't want the ratings to be so binary, I want something than can differentiate two hitters with 65 contact. Because they are not exactly the same.

About the park factors in the game, the altitude, etc. How dramatic are the park factors in the game? Does it affect simmed games at all? That is what I would want it to affect really, more so than played games so that the stats would end up replicating what actual ballparks play like.
They are definitely there. This doesn't mean playing at Coors will turn your hitting up .50 points either, but you can notice it. One thing you also can notice is pitch speeds. In DD I have 99 maxed out fastball velocity. At Coors when I pitch high in the zone I can hit 100 MPH. If I pitch at SD low in the zone it is only about 96-97 mph. Of course how tired your pitcher is and how much you put into your meter all affects this. Also breaking balls don't break as much at coors either.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #163
Rookie

thekingofKC's Arena

OVR: 0

Is there any possibility in the future for a setting to switch the ratings to a 20-80 scouting scale? Perhaps that is too niche to be in the game.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #164
Rookie

OVR: 5

I dont think the problem is in the numbers themselves. I DO have a problem when an overall rating is given to me and there is no explanation to EXACTLY why or how that number came about. Its kinda confusing to be told there is going to be a new overall ratings system but to not pay too much attention to that overall number. You dont often get rating arguments with games like fifa and nba 2k because for some time now they have been graded on a wide scale to show that no one is perfect. That is their choice and but at least the consumer knows exactly how the system works. My problem here is I dont know whats going on under the hood. In the franchise blog we were told teams will be evaluating players based on what individual franchises value per position. Unless there is going to be another blog explaining how the cpu will evaluate trades, free agents and prospects using this new ratings system, im somewhat dissapointed by the response from developers regarding exactly how the new system works. Maybe im jumping the gun a bit tho. There are just soo many questions that immediately arise with this and I just love this game soo much I want to know everything lol. Oh well...
Old 02-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #165
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
We've just re-calibrated our player overall's algorithm today. There were 44 players rated at 99 or above before the change, now there are only 14. Expect to see a larger range or numbers and more variance in general.
so who were final 3 to get to 99?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #166
Banned

OVR: 25
I love the concept. No complaints here.

Can't wait to play with trout.

Anxious to get my Red Sox back on track.

But I will juice middlebrooks to some silly numbers to give the sox an early edge. Always wondered what 99 contact plus 90 pwr would be like.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #167
Rookie

Jays20593's Arena

OVR: 4

Josh Hamilton is a 99?

pfffffffffffffffffffffffttt
Old 02-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #168
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmuh1515
one other quick question...and my guess is no if my other thought was wrong.

could a player in the minors be ranked 99...only to be ranked lower once moved up to the majors?
I brought this point up last year and there was a thread on it. My system was rating the player on the level he's at. So a 90 overall AA player may be a 72 at the MLB level, but the only way to find out is scouting, but it would depend on the quality of scouting you have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »