Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Broadcast Presentation Blog

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Broadcast Presentation Blog within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Broadcast Presentation Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood88
OnlookerDelay, where did you read this? Is it recorded somewhere which courses turned down EA Sports? And do we even know which courses are included in this years game. I'm shocked it has yet to make it out onto the internet. I'm thinking it's delayed because they want to get as much pub as possible about having the 4 majors in the game and if people knew the real courses for the 2013 majors were not in the game, people would react negatively.
This has been reported on the EA Tiger forums by the Executive Producer for TW14. EA has secured the licenses for all 4 Major tournaments but those licenses do not include licenses for the courses that the events are played on that year. EA has tried to negotiate a license with all 4 Major courses and two of them were not interested in having their courses appear in the game. Users here and in the EA Tiger forums have heard the news and while it is not the best news, it is not dampening the enthusiasm of too many folks.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 02-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #18
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Are they finally going to have courses in Autumn with fall foliage? Been waiting for years for that, something Links had back in the 90's by the way..
Firestone in Autumn was awesome back in the day on Links 386.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #19
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
This has been reported on the EA Tiger forums by the Executive Producer for TW14. EA has secured the licenses for all 4 Major tournaments but those licenses do not include licenses for the courses that the events are played on that year. EA has tried to negotiate a license with all 4 Major courses and two of them were not interested in having their courses appear in the game. Users here and in the EA Tiger forums have heard the news and while it is not the best news, it is not dampening the enthusiasm of too many folks.
Yea, no Merion or Murfield stinks but here is the good news. There will be a number of years where we get every correct course for every major. We will have Augusta, and Every PGA Championship course has made it in since Tiger 10 (The next two are Valhalla and Whistling Straits which are already in). The next 3 US open courses will be: Pinehurst (already in), Chambers Bay (a public course, so a likely inclusion) and Oakmont (already in). For the Open Championship, 5 of the 9 couses in the current rotation have appeared in Tiger games (St Andrews, Birkdale, Turnberry, Carnoustie, Troon) with all but Birkdale being in Scotland. Since the Open rotates between England and Scotland every year, we will have the Open Championship course in the game half of the time.

2014- Augusta, Pinehurst, Royal Liverpool (?), Valhalla
2015- Augusta, Chambers Bay, St. Andrews, Whistling Straits

There are just some courses that flat refuse to have their course in this game. I am sure Shinnecock, Winged Foot, Baltusrol, Brookline, Olympic, and Medinah will probably never allow it for various reasons no matter the price. Heck, some of these clubs were considering not to allow majors to be played on them anymore because of the damage done to the courses.

The fact that we got all four licenses in was a huge win and along with the new presentation package, this is a major upgrade over wha we had. Career mode should be blast and so much more replay value going forward.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 02-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #20
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9

Maybe once the "next gen" consoles are out and we see what can be done with them there can be a Course Designer for future TW games that will make a lot of the "I am upset that (insert course here) didn't make it" arguments almost meaningless. I am sure there are people here at OS or elsewhere that could design almost exact replicas of courses if given the right time and tools.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #21
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade
Maybe once the "next gen" consoles are out and we see what can be done with them there can be a Course Designer for future TW games that will make a lot of the "I am upset that (insert course here) didn't make it" arguments almost meaningless. I am sure there are people here at OS or elsewhere that could design almost exact replicas of courses if given the right time and tools.
Oh I'm sure of it. There are some amazing people on this forum that can do some great things with a course editor.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #22
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Awesome news!! Can't wait to see a video showing it off. Interested in the blimp cam as well.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #23
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Thanks for answering Hollywood's question Tim. I couldn't remember whether it was Sean or not.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #24
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
I said I was done with golf because of lack of TV presentation. Maybe I'll give this one a shot one last time.

I'm probably the biggest fan there is to TV-style presentation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »