Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Features Walkthrough Video

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Features Walkthrough Video within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Features Walkthrough Video

ConsoleCreature has posted this Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 walkthrough video with Brand Manager, Ryan Simmons discussing some of the features in the game.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Tiger Woods 14 Features Video

Sold.........sold.........sold............and you bought it!

Started to see some of the stat overlays which is nice. I definitely like what I am seeing this year.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #3
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Here is the first gameplay/feature video I have seen so far. The video spends a great deal of time discussing The Legends, but at least it is a start.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmihq...8eRFHVOWAmoL5g
Wow, so Divot I can get a tournament broadcast in play now and basically play any tournament in career mode in play now??

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 02-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Wow, there is a lot of events to play in that Legends mode. Looks awesome if you ask me!

EDIT: Though I would love to have an option to play 1934 August WITHOUT the sepia overlay. And I'm loving the presentation and finally having the real names of the tournaments... ah I cannot wait till this game drops.

Last edited by SinisterAlex; 02-14-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:02 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
Wow, so Divot I can get a tournament broadcast in play now and basically play any tournament in career mode in play now??
That is my understanding....

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
The video looks good, but I have a couple of questions that weren't answered by the video.

1) do the vintage clubs sound like they are supposed to? In tw13, persimmon drivers sounded like aluminum bats.

2) I'm not a fan of the follow cam because it does not convey the sense of height of a golf shot. The pros really hit towering shots and I think the true-aim camera works best for this. The true-aim also gives the great perspective of an actual golf shot, but this cam in tw13 is flawed because of the poor finish angle.

Ideally, I'd love to see the ball travel from the true aim view for the first 75% of the flight, then switch to the reverse "incoming" view of the descending ball to the landing area with the golfer in the distant background.

Is there any remedy in tw14 for my camera angle nitpicks?
Old 02-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #7
MVP

TW14 demo due to be released March 5 according to various sources.

The Golf Club 2
Old 02-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #8
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagMan
2.) I'm not a fan of the follow cam because it does not convey the sense of height of a golf shot. The pros really hit towering shots and I think the true-aim camera works best for this. The true-aim also gives the great perspective of an actual golf shot, but this cam in tw13 is flawed because of the poor finish angle.

Ideally, I'd love to see the ball travel from the true aim view for the first 75% of the flight, then switch to the reverse "incoming" view of the descending ball to the landing area with the golfer in the distant background.
You and I are blood brothers on this score BagMan... that's EXACTLY how I want to see the action unfold! To ease your concerns about what you saw in Console Creatures video (and it was clear these guys didn't know anything about the game) was all Follow Camera. It had *some* of the Broadcast Presentation elements in effect pre and post shot for the human controlled player, but was not representative of the Presentation camera perspective at all.

One thing that I think we can take from that video was the way the CPU controlled player was depicted. In the 1934 Tom Morris Vs. Bubba Watson segment, Bubba was a CPU controlled player. Notice how his shots were shown mostly as if you were watching him play as a TV spectator, not a playing companion watching him from your player's perspective. I don't think that we'll see a change in the way CPU players are shown in Presentation mode. While I'd rather see the CPU controlled players execute their shots that way than in Follow Camera, it's still not the most immersive option they could have offered, IMO.

We haven't seen Presentation Camera in its player controlled form yet, short of a two second glimpse in the official 44 second Gameplay Features video. In that glimpse, you saw the golfer's ball from a waist high swing camera angle as it made its way into the distance. The camera cut to the next segment before I could gauge how long the swing camera view would have been maintained. At least I was able to tell that the swing camera perspective will be maintained longer than it was in Tiger 13, which instantly switched views at impact... it was simply horrible!

Quote:
there any remedy in tw14 for my camera angle nitpicks?
I don't know how many options we'll be able to tweak in terms of camera angles in the settings menu. I've asked several times in the official forum for an answer as to whether there will be both a "Presentation" and and "Broadcast Presentation" option choice in the menu, as some of the preview materials have hinted so far. The former would be more player perspective oriented and the latter more TV Broadcast oriented, I would guess. This is just the kind of information that isn't hip enough to come out in these drive-by videos, and it wouldn't surprise me that we don't get an answer about this until the demo is released. BTW, the demo release date has now been confirmed to be March 5th!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »