Home

MLB 2K13 Pitcher Perfect Trailer (Screen Captures Included)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13 Pitcher Perfect Trailer (Screen Captures Included) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: MLB 2K13 Pitcher Perfect Trailer (Screen Captures Included)

This game is 2 years old. Doesn't quite remind me of any MLB I have played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q17gOK4KwHQ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Stop with the million dollar challenge crap, admit that this is worth $30 because it will be a roster update, release it with that price tag, change your release date for 2k14 to august because 2k13 will require three months to patch, leaving you about 6 months to work on 14. If there have been big improvements to franchise mode or my player I will be fine paying $60 but I find it hard to believe it was possible for 2k to have made those necessary improvements
Old 02-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #27
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

I'm a 2k fan and visually it looks worse than 2k12...How is it the graphics have continued to decline.....not understanding that.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #28

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Well, damn. I knew going in that I shouldn't have expected much, but MY GOD those visuals are disappointing. And then I click over to the video of The Show where they've added post-game interviews and even more realistic elements of pre/post-game atmosphere. They are on just a completely different level. Sucks for me for being an xbox owner who loves baseball, I guess.

Last edited by dubcity; 02-15-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #29

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Oread
2K12 looks fine, but it's gameplay is what has sold me on it. Every complaint about its color palette, animations, and other visual effects just tells me that some people have a completely different set of priorities when playing video games.
Problem is, when you play a game, you have to actually look at it. Over and over again. For hours and hours and hours. You have to look at the animations, the colors, the horrible faces, glitchy movements, etc etc. You become increasingly aware of all of the flaws.

Also, let's not get carried away with MLB 2K12/13's gameplay. After tweaking the sliders quite a bit, it's pretty good, but it's not without some serious AI flaws. General base-running stupidity, idiotic CPU managing decisions, bland MyPlayer gameplay, etc. If MLB 2K12/13 featured the best gameplay of any baseball game in recent memory, I would agree that the visuals could be forgiven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Oread
But as I've mentioned before, this thread is another example of why 2K shouldn't waste a lot of time and money putting out pre-release videos and screenshots. There is a serious number of gamers that are ready to pounce and dominate any release by 2K with a barrage of snark. I swear it is as though 2K baseball ran over all of there dogs.
I actually agree. They shouldn't have released gameplay videos. They also shouldn't charge $60 bucks for this. Unless in the next video they plan on listing all of the features they've added to the gameplay and presentation. I mean, even the most redundant of sports games will market 3-4 new features heading into a release. Typically using overwrought, buzzword-y descriptions to at least trick people into thinking that the game is vastly improved from its predecessor. If they can't do that, I can't see charging $60 with a straight face.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:36 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 3
This is really just sad. Can someone tell them that just because their game is laughable, doesnt mean they're comedians...
Old 02-16-2013, 05:18 AM   #31
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I'd really like to see a real gameplay video. Last year they did that. What is taking so long? The game is completely done. Their main website has no info. At some point they have to say what they improved right? I have a bad feeling we won't even see a demo this year.

I spent two years with this game but quit on it last year. I'm willing to give it another look but please give me a reason. 2K marketing is typically slow and horrible but this is ridiculous. Ronnie 2K is tweeting about new mo-cap for NBA 2K14 and we are getting nothing but the cold shoulder on their MLB game. They have done nothing but reinforce the impression this is just a roster update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 8
This game looks awful....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »