Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #57
Rookie

pirates1fan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

First of all, chrisjohnson83, I hate you. I mean that in the nicest way though.

Secondly, . I couldn't give a ding dong about dumb team ratings. GAMEPLAY, NOW!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #58
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13
Tell me how the Rockies are rated higher than the Giants? Also, how are the Red Sox rated #3 over the rest of AL East? They are a mess right now. I am so confused by these ratings. The rankings ultimately do not matter but it is just baffling.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Shouldn't we all be taking into account that each individual players ratings are weighted in favor of the most recent season, but include the past two as well...and if these overall team rankings are a combination of all of the individual ratings, wouldn't they reflect this three year period as well? That would make more sense to me.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

Everyone needs to relax on these ratings. They don't really mean anything and seem to be slightly flawed anyways.

For pitching...I read somewhere that a big chunk of the teams pitching overall goes into how good your closer is. (closer is important but it should mainly go off starting pitching)...because in real life, that's 75% of pitching (see SF Giants the past 3 years)...their offense is below average, but since their starting pitching is so good...that's why they have won 2 of the last 3 world series.

And pertaining to hitting, the show calculates a teams hitting overall from 60% of your starters and 40% of the bench.

Now don't get me wrong, a good bench is important to have. But it shouldn't calculate into 40% of a teams overall hitting. I would think 15-20%.

Take the 2012 New York Yankees for example...their bench was not that great. However, since they had regulars that were good players....like Cano, Teixeria, Jeter, Granderson, Russell Martin, Swisher, Ichiro (who are all pretty durable players for the most part)...they were still able to be 2nd in MLB in runs, 2nd in OBP And 1st in Slug %
Old 02-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #61
Pro

Yanks22's Arena

OVR: 10

I could care less about the ratings. Is anybody else curious how he got th game 2 weeks early? That's what I'm more interested in haha. Now I wanna hunt it down early too.
NHL: Rangers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #62
Banned

SportsGamingBlake's Arena

OVR: 0

I wonder when people will start to realize that the team who made the biggest splash in the offseason doesn't have to be one of the top rated teams and is not guaranteed to win (Marlins, Angels 2012). I mean, Braves, Jays, and Red Sox are too high. Defending champs at 17? Seriously? So those ratings are basically saying that they got lucky last year?
Old 02-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #63
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm usually not a big proponent on ratings. Mostly because I don't care.

But the Seattle Mariners really got shafted.

Granted, I can understand they're ranked 23rd overall. That's fair. No quandry there. But 23rd in defense?

Virtually the entire infield has been a finalist for Gold Gloves in the past two years. Franklin Gutierrez in center field DOES have a Glove from 2011.

So does Jesus Montero and Michael Morse bring the defense down THAT much?
Old 02-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #64
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks22
I could care less about the ratings. Is anybody else curious how he got th game 2 weeks early? That's what I'm more interested in haha. Now I wanna hunt it down early too.

I dont know who he is, but I know when I worked at Game Crazy we got games up to 10 days early. It was VERY easy for us to play them pre-release.

Some mom & pop shops sell them early too. I guess they dont care about release dates.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »