Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #105
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Kinda surprised to see the Cards 2nd. I was expecting 7th or 8th. But to be fair, most of their key players are returning and they were 4th in run differential last year, 2nd in NL in runs scored, and was 8th in team ERA.

Their rotation and bullpen is going to very deep this year, even with the loss of Carpenter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #106
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
If this was my forum, this thread would not have been created. It draws the most whiniest and biased comments from fans I've ever seen.

These ratings aren't even concrete, are they ?
what did you expect in this thread? Why even read the comments? I think for most of us in this thread the fun of it is arguing for you team. Everyone is bias towards their team. Im extremely bias, but i also love baseball and its fun to see the baseball world through other fans eyes no matter how ridiculous some of their views maybe.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #107
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsharks
what did you expect in this thread? Why even read the comments? I think for most of us in this thread the fun of it is arguing for you team. Everyone is bias towards their team. Im extremely bias, but i also love baseball and its fun to see the baseball world through other fans eyes no matter how ridiculous some of their views maybe.
Exactly, not like we are bashing anyone. Support your team...........have fun!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
What???

Robert Andino = average at best.
Endy Chavez = sucked!
Bill Hall = hardly played so we don't know how that would have turned out.
Nick Johnson = retired and also missed more games than he played lol.
Omar Quintanilla = Good player
Mark Reynolds = yes this one hurts losing.
Joe Saunders = another average pitcher.
Jim Thome = time to hang it up. Not the same player when he was in his prime.
Randy Wolf = His surgery played a factor here.

As for those they added, I don't think you can say it was a regression. I think Management especially Buck likes what he has so therefore they didn't go crazy in the offseason.
I'm going a bit on name power with Wolf/Thome/Hall/Andino/Saunders, as I can't remember exactly what their ratings are.

Anyways, too bad the manager doesn't have much of an impact on team ranking or the O's would be right up there. Still just a team with dookie starting pitching and Kevin Gregg closing out ball games.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #109
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
What???

Robert Andino = average at best.
Endy Chavez = sucked!
Bill Hall = hardly played so we don't know how that would have turned out.
Nick Johnson = retired and also missed more games than he played lol.
Omar Quintanilla = Good player
Mark Reynolds = yes this one hurts losing.
Joe Saunders = another average pitcher.
Jim Thome = time to hang it up. Not the same player when he was in his prime.
Randy Wolf = His surgery played a factor here.

As for those they added, I don't think you can say it was a regression. I think Management especially Buck likes what he has so therefore they didn't go crazy in the offseason.
Plus, I think Buck opened up the roster so that he can pick up a few players. The ones brought in are not taxing to the budget.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #110
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdncurrency
I'm going a bit on name power with Wolf/Thome/Hall/Andino/Saunders, as I can't remember exactly what their ratings are.

Anyways, too bad the manager doesn't have much of an impact on team ranking or the O's would be right up there. Still just a team with dookie starting pitching and Kevin Gregg closing out ball games.

Pitching has never been solid for the O's in the past decade.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #111
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I've always said there's no reason to argue ratings, but I think the Red Sox ranking just made me drop my jaw.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #112
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdncurrency

By Kevin Gregg you mean Jim Johnson right? 50 saves? He wasn't amazing but he's a pretty good pitcher.
NCAA: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »