Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
As a Red Sox fan, I'm a bit suprised about the ratings, but after a long thinking it seems logical.

A lot of the Red Sox players had down years in 2012: Ellsbury, Victorino, Napoli, Lester, Buchholz, Bard. Pedroia was injured a lot, and Big Papi only played half of the games. Add to that Lackey, who was pretty bad in 2011, but was a good pitcher before.

So, I think they made those players better then they were in 2012, because Lester is clearly not a 5.0 ERA pitcher ect... If you look at the Red Sox starters they were pretty good in 2011 and before:

Lester: potentially an ACE, but a solid NO 2 at least
Buchholz: same as Lester
Dempster: good no 3
Lackey: good in 2009 and before
Doubront: high strikeout rate, rookie

This is a very good rotation if you look at Carrer stats, instead of 2012.

Just look at MIke Napoli, he hit .320 in 2011, then .220 in 2012. how good he will be? Probably between the two, slightly even better. Ellsbury had an MVP caliber season in 2011, then injury hit in 2012.

If you look at these players, pre 2012, then you get a top 5 team in the Show...

Real life will tell, if these players are going to bounce back or not, but game makers have to rely on carrer stats, instead just 1 year, and of course they can't tell the future.

So I think this list is just fine, but with OSFM rosters there will be no problems
Most of what you say above is correct.

Let's pretend to forget for a moment the way the show computes the ratings is flawed for a moment (ie: putting too much emphasis on how good a closer is for your pitching overall/ going 60% off your starting lineup and 40% off your bench to compute your hitting overall)

What people don't understand in these rankings is that it's based off EVERY team being 100% healthy.

Are the Red Sox when 100% healthy a top 3 overall team? No. But if they're healthy they are probably a top 10 overall team.

Let's look at last year...they lose 2 of their 3 best players to injury. Ellsbury in April and Ortiz in July (ortiz would have been top 3 in mvp voting at the time of the injury. If you don't believe me look at his #'s last year. I don't think people realize HOW AMAZING a season david ortiz was having in 2012 before he got injured)

So my point is....the Red Sox as an organization have VERY little depth...so they had no chance in plugging in the production of losing 2 of their 3 best players due to injury last year.

These team ratings are assuming ALL players are healthy. And say what you want about the 2012 Red Sox, they were DESIMATED last year with some key injuries on offense. (Ortiz, Ellsbury, Pedroia for 20+ games, Ross for 30+ games, Crawford for 100+ games, etc.)
Old 02-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeixeiraFanatic
By Kevin Gregg you mean Jim Johnson right? 50 saves? He wasn't amazing but he's a pretty good pitcher.
No, by Kevin Gregg I mean Kevin Gregg.

Thanks for coming out.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #115
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Rankings Schmankings.

Hugely subjective and i hold little weight to them (but yeah, the Red Sox lol), but it is amusing seeing people get so worked up over them and the homerism on display.

Lets get to the real wonder of this thread...

http://www.operationsports.com/chrisjohnson83 has a full retail copy of the game!

My man, the floor is yours...

What im actually saying is, gameplay vids, UNINTERRUPTED gameplay vids, would be hugely appreciated by all of us in the community!

Your call though http://www.operationsports.com/chrisjohnson83

Just pulling your leg really.

Anything you could chuck up, pics/vids would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #116
Pro

OVR: 7

chrisjohnson83 seems like he only has two (or its all i can see in his arena) posts since he has joined.... Wonder if he will post some videos. or chime in here on how it plays?
Old 02-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #117
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Rankings Schmankings.

Hugely subjective and i hold little weight to them (but yeah, the Red Sox lol), but it is amusing seeing people get so worked up over them and the homerism on display.

Lets get to the real wonder of this thread...

http://www.operationsports.com/chrisjohnson83 has a full retail copy of the game!

My man, the floor is yours...

What im actually saying is, gameplay vids, UNINTERRUPTED gameplay vids, would be hugely appreciated by all of us in the community!

Your call though http://www.operationsports.com/chrisjohnson83

Just pulling your leg really.

Anything you could chuck up, pics/vids would be great.
send him a message (that is if his box is not full)
Old 02-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #118
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
send him a message (that is if his box is not full)
Somebody needs to, link him to this thread
Old 02-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #119
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeixeiraFanatic
By Kevin Gregg you mean Jim Johnson right? 50 saves? He wasn't amazing but he's a pretty good pitcher.
Gregg not so much but he is gone.

I really like Johnson. May not strike out many but he doesn't give them much to hit.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #120
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Somebody needs to, link him to this thread
you send him one.... Seriously though, the guy has only two posts since he joined in 2011 lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »