Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #137
Rookie

dl2518's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnut1018
Using a four game sample size to determine the next year's ratings is just silly.
How about winning 2 of the last 3 WS that means nothing I guess.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #138
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

How in god's name did this kid even get the game?

As for the rankings, just a big FYI, those rankings are based on averages from the ENTIRE roster. I repeat, the ENTIRE roster. Did you get that? Rostiré enteró . Not just the important guys. Not just the 1-9 starters. Everyone. Yeah even that weird guy with the curly mustache that hasn't pitched since May. Yes, him.

Let's say, hypothetically, the Texas Rangers are the best team in real-life baseball. But in their bullpen, there's one particular guy, let's call him Oliver Perez. This guy is absolutely terrible. Can't pitch at all. Now in real life that is pretty much meaningless. Managers will just avoid using him in any and all important situations. Maybe he's out of minor league 'options' and they are just biding their time waiting to release him.

In The Show however, that guy's terrible overall rating of, say, 30, is going to bring the ENTIRE pitching overall from a 98 to maybe an 83 (A pitching staff is only like 12 people).

Then that in turn is going to bring the team's overall ranking from like a 97 to perhaps a 90.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #139
Rookie

leinhart_6's Arena

OVR: 0

Any chance that we get to see some snapshots of player ratings sometime soon?

Would love to see the upgraded attributes for Oakland's pitching staff
Old 02-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #140

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Im a Red Sox fan and quite honestly we shouldn't even be in the top 15 let alone 3! Honestly...

Phillies too high, Colorado too high, Toronto too high and Boston too high

Nationals too low, Giants too low and Yankees too low (yea I said it, and Im a Sox fan)
How is Toronto too high? In 2012 to start the year, they were ranked 12th by ESPN and 9th by Yahoo in power rankings.

Since then, they've done nothing but improve their team, so being 5th I wouldn't say is too high.

What people need to remember is that the 2012 Jays team BEFORE they made all these moves, is much better than their 73 win record showed.

Majority of their team was injured for at least half the 2012 season(Bautista didn't play in 70 games,Lawrie and JP both missed around 35 games, 3 of their top 5 SP missed over 40 combined starts cause of injuries)

It was one most injured teams in franchise history(and one of the most in MLB history,almost tieing MLB record for most players used in a season). Had it not been for that, they'd easily have been a low-mid 80s win team in 2012. So once you factor in all the moves they made, assuming they are healthy(which as of day 1 of MLB The Show rosters,they are) they'd be around a team thats projected to finish around low-mid 90s wins.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Braves were in the Top 5 in team defense last year....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #142
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
I've always said there's no reason to argue ratings, but I think the Red Sox ranking just made me drop my jaw.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
As a redsox fan I will tell you one thing... there is no way we should be that high I was hoping for around a 14-16 spot.
Me too. I'm a Red Sox fan, but haven't used them in a few years because I prefer to use middle of the road teams. I was actually looking forward to finally using them this year, but I don't know now. As odd as it sounds I'm really disappointed.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 02-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #143
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Same here.

Me too. I'm a Red Sox fan, but haven't used them in a few years because I prefer to use middle of the road teams. I was actually looking forward to finally using them this year, but I don't know now. As odd as it sounds I'm really disappointed.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
agreed. I always used the redsox as my tester franchise before OSFM because they were really good and not fun to use all summer being highly ranked. So I was hoping a middle of the road sox team... but maybe the OSFM guys will get it right and I'll use them for my "dynasty" franchise that goes for years.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #144
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

So I was waiting for UPS to deliver my copy.....saw the truck and asked the assistant of the driver is my Show copy was here..
I was all excited because it looked like it....then...

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »