Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
How is Toronto too high? In 2012 to start the year, they were ranked 12th by ESPN and 9th by Yahoo in power rankings.

Since then, they've done nothing but improve their team, so being 5th I wouldn't say is too high.

What people need to remember is that the 2012 Jays team BEFORE they made all these moves, is much better than their 73 win record showed.

Majority of their team was injured for at least half the 2012 season(Bautista didn't play in 70 games,Lawrie and JP both missed around 35 games, 3 of their top 5 SP missed over 40 combined starts cause of injuries)

It was one most injured teams in franchise history(and one of the most in MLB history,almost tieing MLB record for most players used in a season). Had it not been for that, they'd easily have been a low-mid 80s win team in 2012. So once you factor in all the moves they made, assuming they are healthy(which as of day 1 of MLB The Show rosters,they are) they'd be around a team thats projected to finish around low-mid 90s wins.
Are you kidding me?!?! Toronto is ranked 5th based on what??? They won 73 games last year and picked up a bunch of overpaid players from a sorry Miami team that won 69 games. There is absolutely no reason why totonto should be that high...I know there is a lot of blue jay fans out there but you guys need to be a bit more realistic. If I can admit that boston doesn't belong you guys should at least try to be a bit more reasonable.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #154
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdncurrency
Victor Martinez? Alex Avila? Torii Hunter? Scherzer?

Do you even watch the Tigers? Apparently not.
You're obviously kidding if you're defending them being 1 overall.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #155
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Oh man I love this!!! Appreciate the developers of MLB The Show even more because they ranked the Giants at #17. This just made my day!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #156
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Are you kidding me?!?! Toronto is ranked 5th based on what??? They won 73 games last year and picked up a bunch of overpaid players from a sorry Miami team that won 69 games. There is absolutely no reason why totonto should be that high...I know there is a lot of blue jay fans out there but you guys need to be a bit more realistic. If I can admit that boston doesn't belong you guys should at least try to be a bit more reasonable.
I guess there is no reason they are favored to win the World Series according to Vegas either, right?

I mean I''m not saying that that is what i believe, but there is more than enough reason to believe they should be that high.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #157
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Didn't read the thread so if this has been mentioned, I apologize, but if the defensive rankings are any indication, UZR has NOT been incorporated into ratings this year. A little assumption on my part however.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #158
Pro

Sco291's Arena

Boston 3rd?

Madness.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #159
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
The Tigers obviously benefited from me being in their farm system

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

Old 02-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #160
Pro

OVR: 12

The more I look at this the more I'm convinced this is wrong. I'm going to wait until the first roster update to see if this is some messed up joke.

The guy who got the game early must have done some editing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »